Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: F**k Cancer!!!!

Wow Eli....this is amazing!!! Unfortunately, cancer affects more people than we realize.

I've had just about enough of the big "C" in my life: Lost my maternal grandma to colon cancer in early 2001; paternal grandpa to Cancer of the blood, I believe, in 2000, paternal aunt to I believe cervical cancer in 2006 and my dad to a very aggressive form of stomach cancer this past March-gone in 4 mos.

NRI would be honored and proud to have his name on your shirt!

H: Nick Rose


    Last edited by hbchgirl; 12-19-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

F**k Cancer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    I just found out today that someone I work with, whom I've known for a decade has cancer. She's a single mom in her late 20s so I would've never expected this. She's so positive and strong it was tough for me to believe something was wrong with her. The owner of my company announced it today because she's been out sick for a few days.

I love running and have ran a few charity marathons this year. I'm not sure what I have going on in March, but if I'm available to run I'm down.

I won this brick for taking 4th place in a 5k I did in Chino earlier this year.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. Prayers for she and her family.

Thanks Eli.

I neglected to mention earlier my beloved Uncle Doc, my Dads brother, is losing his battle with a brain tumor.....this time next year...another empty seat at the family table.....sigh...

GRADS
    Thank you for doing this Eli!. I'm a little out of it today but I felt like I at least had to say thank you. You are an awesome person!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.daytona View Post
    Do you run or did you just decide to bust out a half marathon?!!! Very good cause. My list would be too long for your shirt :(
    I'm not a big runner. The farthest I've ever run is 7 miles. I have 3:30 to finish.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm not a big runner. The farthest I've ever run is 7 miles. I have 3:30 to finish.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I start slow and taper off... ^^^

Early this year my wife was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and it was a very early detection... It was removed from the bridge of her nose with the "mote procedure" and there is literally no sign of the surgery... She had stitches from top to bottom on her nose, in order to see the scar you would have to be six inches from her face, literally...

Being a red head AND growing up out in the sun, I make annual trips to the dermatologist... Just went one month or so ago and they always end up freezing about 5-6 spots on my face... A former dermatologist that I was seeing told me that with my skin type and the spots that he detected that I should be coming in for exams every SIX MONTHS...

DON'T delay folks, this is serious stuff... I lost a close friend from church earlier this year from the long term effects of four years of basal cell carcinoma... My father has had some pretty major surgery on his ears/nose as did his mother...

Getting set up with a dermatologist can be a pain in the azz because they are SOOOOO busy but please please take the time and get yourself checked out... In the last 10 years I would estimate that I have had 50-60 spots frozen/scraped/removed from my face/arms/shoulders...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I start slow and taper off... ^^^

Early this year my wife was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma and it was a very early detection... It was removed from the bridge of her nose with the "mote procedure" and there is literally no sign of the surgery... She had stitches from top to bottom on her nose, in order to see the scar you would have to be six inches from her face, literally...

Being a red head AND growing up out in the sun, I make annual trips to the dermatologist... Just went one month or so ago and they always end up freezing about 5-6 spots on my face... A former dermatologist that I was seeing told me that with my skin type and the spots that he detected that I should be coming in for exams every SIX MONTHS...

DON'T delay folks, this is serious stuff... I lost a close friend from church earlier this year from the long term effects of four years of basal cell carcinoma... My father has had some pretty major surgery on his ears/nose as did his mother...

Getting set up with a dermatologist can be a pain in the azz because they are SOOOOO busy but please please take the time and get yourself checked out... In the last 10 years I would estimate that I have had 50-60 spots frozen/scraped/removed from my face/arms/shoulders...
    I picked a route with very little incline as the decline kills my knee. I can walk 13 miles in less than 3 hours so, I'm thinking I should be able to finish for sure.

Thing is as difficult it will be for me, it's nothing compared to what people who have cancer are going through. So, I'll put on my big girl pants and suck it up!

I did two century (100) bike rides in 2008 and raised money for the leukemia and lymphoma society. That was a tough 6 weeks of training.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Tishimself View Post
    I neglected to mention earlier my beloved Uncle Doc, my Dads brother, is losing his battle with a brain tumor.....this time next year...another empty seat at the family table.....sigh...
    I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Damn cancer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Damn cancer!!!
    X2

Sent from my Bat Cave