Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wendi

Beats by Dre headphones

Anyone have them or buying them as a gift for someone? Pros and cons?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Chacka wants a microphone not headphones, they are different....duh

If you want them just for the brand then buy them. If you want a good sounding headphone don't buy them. I am in the audio business and I can tell you without a doubt they do not sound very good.

There are way better sounding headphones for the money.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Cat & Mice View Post
    If you want them just for the brand then buy them. If you want a good sounding headphone don't buy them. I am in the audio business and I can tell you without a doubt they do not sound very good.

There are way better sounding headphones for the money.

Mike
    Truth!

WESTERNAERO
    What's with the headphones? My buddies are buying for their kids this year also. And the headphones are friggin huge again...... 1980 all over again.

I like the ear bud style. Those big headsets are a bit too much.

I've got 2 different kinds.
    The Bose AE2, with cord, are awesome but they have a cord. Around $120.00. Great sound but not so good moving around because the cord gets in the way. They are over ear.

For Bluetooth, got these MEElectronic air fi runaways from Amazon for like $45.00 or so. They sound great and no cord to trip over. Also nice having volume and channel controls at the headphone and not at the phone. They are on ear.

I have the beats tour (earbuds) and they kick ass! I'm not really into the big ass jive bone studio headphones in the gym! Lol

Have the Beats and love them. Great sound. Have returned 2 sets of Bose already.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    My son says they are a joke... I use a pair of KOSS for the airplane and my son has some studio SONY cans... I grew up with KOSS and cant convince my son that they are studio quality...

At any rate, he says the DRE headphones are just a marketing deal/NAME gimmick... YOu didnt see them at COSTCO by chance, when you were there to pick up the Girradelis TRIPPLE CHOCOLATE brownie mix??? I just saw those headphones Saturday at Costco and had the LONG discussion with my son about them...

I will stick with my folding KOSS that fit nicely in my backpack AND are a LIFESAVER on the airplane...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams