Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I buy cheap in the ear/around the ear headphone either by phillips or Sony to wear in the gym. They are like 10-15 and stay in while I work out and last about.
    For a teenager, I would get whatever brand they are asking for. Generally, they care more about the name and how they will be portrayed by their peers then the quality of the product.

I saw the Beets headphones on sale at Costco or Sams last week FYI

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat & Mice View Post
    Bose is actually not very good either. Great marketing but poor sound.

Buy a set from a real Audio company. Any Harman brand like AKG, JBL, & HK. The new JBL S700 is one of the best sounds for the money ever.

Or any Sennheiser, Grado, or even some of the Sony headphones are good.

For in ear there is nothing better then the AKG K3003i. Seriously the worlds best in ear.

Skull Candy is mostly crap. They just hired their first actual engineer this year, so at least they are now trying. Most companies just buy off the shelf crap drivers from China and don't care how they sound.

Buy the new JBL S700 and never look back.

Mike
    These are for my 13 year old daughter. I'm not spending $300.00 on a pair of headphones, sorry. If I did that would be the only thing under the tree. I was hoping to keep the cost to around $100.00, can you recommend something in that price range? She's not one that's into brand name, so if she doesn't get Beats she is ok! She doesn't want something with style and cute colors.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    For a teenager, I would get whatever brand they are asking for. Generally, they care more about the name and how they will be portrayed by their peers then the quality of the product.
    This...^^^^^^^
    CH3NO2

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    This...^^^^^^^
    I know but she is ok with not getting the Beats brand. I just want something around $100.00 that is good quality and stylish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    I know but she is ok with not getting the Beats brand. I just want something around $100.00 that is good quality and stylish.
    You can still get beats earbuds for $100

If I was spending $100 for over ear I would go with these below.

http://us.akg.com/akg-product-detail_us/k619blu.html

Or these http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/pro...atId=cat150008

What kind did you get her? Just saw on the news someone repackaged Beats with cans of tuna. :(

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

x2 for Koss over the ear

Wendi
    Taylor's brother took her and she bought a pair of beats with her Xmas money. She took her Sonya back. Now she is broke

So if anyone else is thinking of buying Beats I can only say........this is a shitty company from an ethics perspective. I used to do business with them and they are a very disingenuous group owned 50% by Taiwanese smartphone company HTC.

In my case I wouldn't buy their products if they were twice as good as everybody else at half the price......and they are NOT!!

My mother was a very colorful woman who was raised in a pretty rough neighborhood and she would have said "I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire" or something to that effect. I on the other hand have evolved and would never use such language