Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Christmas to New Years for us. Most vendors are closed anyway. All the sand cars that need to be done by Christmas will be done and nobody needs their boat that week. We will be in glamis relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm off till the end of the year...............oh, I'm always off, lazy focker.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    Had to change the policy at the office due to employees not logging vacation and the liability amount on the BS.
    Now those employees in states without vacation carry over laws have to use it or loss it. Only 5 states allow for carry over and it is up to 150% of total.

We had employees with up to 1000 hours of vacation and I had to do the work to prove employees were not logging vacation. Found many indicators saying employees were out of office and not logging vacation, and decided to change the policy and not go after those that cheated the system.

Where I work directors and higher don't earn PTO (unlimited, but most average 3 to 4 weeks out of office) and staff get 3 or 4 weeks based on level (not including the 2 weeks sick time).
    Yup....that's how it was when I left corporate america. We went to 21/28 days PTO which included vacation and sick leave with a 50% carry-over max per year.

I actually never felt like I really got a vacation no matter what as I was always looking at my Blackberry or computer, not to mention at least one call a day which was always "Critical".......in reality I never logged PTO cuz I never really got a day off, at least according to our own internal definition of PTO

Good news....................these days EVERY day is PTO

Wendi
    We will be in Parker 12/28 - 1/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    I actually never felt like I really got a vacation no matter what as I was always looking at my Blackberry or computer, not to mention at least one call a day which was always "Critical".......in reality I never logged PTO cuz I never really got a day off, at least according to our own internal definition of PTO
    This will be me next week. I'll have the week off but will always be checking email. Hopefully we get some docs signed this week for the customers buying year end equipment so I'll be just emailing instead of going places.

Down side of self employment and being a one man show. Every day I stay home shuts the whole operation down, but the bills don't stop. Tue/Wed maybe Thurs Christmas week. Wednesday only New Years week. Since 2007 vacation's have been very sparse, mostly try to make some long weekends during the summer.