Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Harbor Freight, Love or Hate?

Caveat Emptor!
    I buy a few things there because they are so ridiculously inexpensive, especially with the 25% off coupon that they honor even on sale items.
    So far I've purchased their Gantry and trolleys, an engine crane and 2 engine stands, no complaints whatsoever.
    I know what lousy tools feel like and how they perform, so I would never purchase hand tools, electric tools, air tools and such.
    Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to hear what you would purchase there or if you won't even set foot in HF.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

It's a pretty cool guy type of store but their shit is pretty cheap/inferior. Made in China definitely has a place there.

I've been in there once and loved it. Plenty of people in my family are getting electric fly swatters for $1.99 for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    It's a pretty cool guy type of store but their shit is pretty cheap/inferior. Made in China definitely has a place there.
    Yea, the smell of Chinese cardboard is repulsive to say the least!

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I've been in there once and loved it. Plenty of people in my family are getting electric fly swatters for $1.99 for Christmas.
    Those are so much fun when you're drunk.

Definitely has it's place... I've bought a few tools from them, ones
    I rarely use..

Sent from somewhere on the water
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Harbor Freight, Love or Hate?

Quote Originally Posted by mateo View Post
    i've been in there once and loved it. Plenty of people in my family are getting electric fly swatters for $1.99 for christmas. :d

ch3no2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    Definitely has it's place... I've bought a few tools from them, ones
    I rarely use..

Sent from somewhere on the water
    I had a painter tell me it was cheaper to buy the paint sprayers and throw away after use rather than clean a premium one.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

For specialty tools you need once every 2-5 years, it can't be beat.

I've bought some things there for the river house.......small tools that I might use once every couple of years.

I wouldn't think even think about buying anything there if I had to use them to make a living or if I didn't already have a nice version of it in my primary tool box.

I would pass on;
    • Air compressors
    • Generators
    • Power Tools

I would consider them for;
    • Air tool Connectors
    • Air hoses
    • Casters
    • Misc. Shit

I did buy a small Tool cart with 5 drawers that I use around the garage when I'm working on my cars.......it has a big open area on top and I keep most of the everyday tools there that I use when working on cars....I paid $99 on sale and while I did have to spend a couple of hours putting it together and adjusting the alignment, It does works pretty good and was about 80% less than a comparable "Name Brand" version of the same toolbox. The weird thing is that it's full of some pretty nice tools......like my Snap-On ratchets and wrenches