Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bb88 View Post
    For specialty tools you need once every 2-5 years, it can't be beat.
    I agree. I like they're aluminum floor jacks for a once in awhile brake job or to throw in the truck when pulling a trailer. They have good deals on extension cords, work gloves, garden hoses, jack stands and other misc stuff. I've always been little skeptical of their power tools. I have a grinder, sander, air compressor and a few other things that all still work great, but I only use them once in a blue moon.

Here you go if you can't print from the Magazine.

Name:  HF_Coupon.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  50.4 KB

Unless you're a pro contractor most all of their tools work perfectly fine. Shit, I've had a 4" grinder I use the shit out of for 10 years.....damn $14.99 investment.
    I had even purchased certain automotive shop equipment for the dealership that outlived the biz.
    All the freebie coupons have out outfitted a basic tool kit for me. Screwdrivers, tape measures, gloves, multi-meters, open end wrenches, etc........
    I love the store and find some items you can't find easily elsewhere for cheap.

From my POS T-mobile thingie
    Last edited by Ziggy; 12-16-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

A couple of years ago I went to the Harbor Freight in Montclair . Standing in front of me were 3 mechanics that worked at the local Mercedes Dealer up the street. Alarming to me they were buying there tools there. The clerk at the cash register asked the guys if they found everything they needed and they said yes. I told the clerk and the 3 mechanics the real question that should have been asked is why are you buying your tools here? I think the 3 mechanics were embarrassed by my question. I told them that the next time you want to buy tools here save yourself some embarrassment by leaving your fancy work shirts at work or in your car. I walked away in disbelief shaking my head...

I buy all my throw away tools there.... the stuff I use once or twice for single job and bill it to the job as a cost of doing business. Its cheaper than trying to buy a $1000 tool from Snap on (or comparable) and then selling it for 60% off..... that bites!!!
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

They are the perfect "loaner" tools. You never see them again, oh well. At least you don't have to get ugly with a friend for not returning them, and you get a really cheap lesson to NEVER EVER loan him anything of value.

Snap-On snobs need not enter! I went there today and spent another $200. on Christmas gifts. I now have multiple giant boxes full of tools from Craftsman, Husky, and Harbor Freight cheapos. I can't remember ever breaking a single tool. I haven't invested hundreds in one of their compressors because I need tried and true quality so I spend more but hand tools are great. A wise man will pick and choose based upon the need and frequency of use. A master-mechanic who works day-in and day-out with his hand tools might not find them as valuable as the more expensive "name brands" but that's not my daily job. As Buzzz "Wannabe" said, I've seen him do things with their HVLP spray guns that more than amaze me.

The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Yea, the smell of Chinese cardboard is repulsive to say the least!

CH3NO2
    Worse than Mexican gas?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    If you guys need HF coupons, please take them from the magazine I work for. Here is a link to the digital version, it should take you right to the HF ad. http://76.164.129.182/PROMEDIA/FSC_1....html#?page=48
    What's the newest link? Getting some starter tools for kiddos today and I remembered this link.

I bought both my buffers there and they work great... the bigger one has a digital speed control for something like $45... and the smaller dual action polisher was,,, $65???... takes about a month to get the ungodly pollution smell out of them though...
    CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?!?... :0D...
    http://youtu.be/SvQKEvYW8QU