Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GRADS

Hey She's Mine...

Did you take the boat to Elsinore today???

I seen him out there. Boat looked GOOD!!!

GRADS
    Pics??

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Wazzup GRADS?? Yep made it out today. Took the kids and better half out. Weather was awesome, water was cold but perfect for a cat.

Boat ran good but still have some serious dialing in to do with props and tune. Ran my 30p Merc Lab prop and it just doesn't work. Way too much slip. Boat pulled harder from middle to top end with a stock 32p.

Dropped the boat off at Menace to have him go over a few things that I found today. Between Dustin, Unforgiven, and myself we should get these SCX drives figured out.

Met a board member today, JoePump1. Nice guy that recently bought a gorgeous Lavey Craft. Talked with him for a few then burnt some fuel.

Here are a couple of pics from today.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387172971.566797.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387172999.493125.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387173050.486617.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  57.0 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387173085.954285.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  68.7 KB
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Have you got more pics of the boat???

GRADS
    or speed numbers?

Right now the numbers are very disappointing. Hopefully Dustin will be able to figure out why she's not running as good as expected.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Did I tell you my experience with a SCX?

The SCX lower is a bit of a nightmare. I don't believe it will ever work as good as an sc lower. That being said I think there is still room for improvement. We are going to try a larger diameter prop and possibly a five blade. We also have a list of things that need to be fixed on the boat that other shops have dropped the ball on or simply fallen short on delivering what they claimed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Did I tell you my experience with a SCX?
    I would love to hear what you've gone through.

Let me say this, I was told by everyone that it will slow the boat down by X mph. I was ok losing X mph but right now I am 2X-3X mph slower than expected. Not good. I know I can go to the Sc lower and pick up a bunch of speed but I don't want to replace gears 2 a year. So now I'm in a dilemma, do I got with bullet proof or speed. SCX-4 doesn't make since because I have little children the love jumping off and swimming around the boat.

Dustin HELP!