Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Boat Search - Craigslist? Boat Trader?

Where would you search for a boat these days. I spend some time on the weekends looking for either tritoons or ski boats. I'll run through Craigslist searches but that limits me to the areas I choose at the time. Back in the day it was Boat Trader but do more people list on the jumbled CL these days because it's the free site?

Where's the best place to find a boat these days?

searchtempest does as many Craigslist areas as you want with one search. You enter your zip code and number of miles you want to cover, along with specifics of what you are searching for. http://www.searchtempest.com/

No reason to search for a boat anymore. Just PM pokey and ask him to find what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    No reason to search for a boat anymore. Just PM pokey and ask him to find what you want.
    I agree, Pokey is a great place to start..but so is this site, as well as boat trader....

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/

I found our boat on of all places, the other site....but these sites also have a good sized offering of boats from both private and dealerships...what are you trying to find? Maybe I can help???

So the wife looked over the shoulder while looking at toons and it appears I should be looking at a wakeboard boat instead. I guess that answers my question on what type of boat to buy........

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    So the wife looked over the shoulder while looking at toons and it appears I should be looking at a wakeboard boat instead. I guess that answers my question on what type of boat to buy........
    As I recall, there were almost no roll bar boats dealerships around Socal when I left...that may have changed, but they are everywhere up here. Norcal is the diametric opposite of Socal when it comes to boats. Roll cage boats are everywhere, performance stuff not so much. This is a great place in Pleasanton, about an hour and a half from here....45 minute drive from Oakland Airport...yes, it could be a day trip...here is a link....

http://www.norcalmastercraft.com/

The Eagle is a great boat and could be fun to ski behind but not functional for teaching the kids. I used to ride behind my 27 which was fantastic but to turn it around to pick up a downed rider was a pain. The thought of having to do that over and over and over again while teaching would haunt me. Big boat skiing is for those who get up the first time.

I'm looking for an old school open bow ski boat. I would prefer to have a 21 footer but could go 20. Definitely want to stay away from the 18 & 19 footers. 1990s to early 2000s as I don't need all the fancy schmancy stuff. Any of the manufacturers would work for me from MasterCraft, Ski Natique, Tige, Moomba, Supra, any of the other ones that I can't think of as well.

There is a mastercraft dealer in Elsinore off the 15. I was thinking about an X25. I would hit up the mastercraft and malibu forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    The Eagle is a great boat and could be fun to ski behind but not functional for teaching the kids. I used to ride behind my 27 which was fantastic but to turn it around to pick up a downed rider was a pain. The thought of having to do that over and over and over again while teaching would haunt me. Big boat skiing is for those who get up the first time.

I'm looking for an old school open bow ski boat. I would prefer to have a 21 footer but could go 20. Definitely want to stay away from the 18 & 19 footers. 1990s to early 2000s as I don't need all the fancy schmancy stuff. Any of the manufacturers would work for me from MasterCraft, Ski Natique, Tige, Moomba, Supra, any of the other ones that I can't think of as well.
    I'm guessing you want a V drive but that's just my guess. I'll keep my eye's open and send it your way if I see something...

GRADS
    Look no further, the perfect boat for anyone...... http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/4227694292.html

Not my ad btw, decided to consign it.