Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothalos View Post
    That is awesome with the color of the sky in background. Not a bad looking boat either .
    That boat looks cool I'd rock it

It's huge, too. There were 18 people all over that thing at Dog Days- LOTO.

The light during golden hour on Saturday was nice. Can't beat Key West for that magic...

Key West 2012 - P H O T O S

Can you imagine this many pictures on film? Sorting though negatives, developing them? When digital first arrived it was not very good quality. Wow what we have gotten to. Keep rockin Jay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CH3NO2

No kidding- I actually think about it often- technology has made some cosmic changes in my life over the last 20 years.

Back in the day I always resisted the urge to buy a motor winder for the camera because I knew it would be an easy way to burn up a LOT of film. :anonymous: At the time I had an ad agency and shot strictly ektachrome slides because they gave the best color reproduction when printing. Can't tell you how many thousands I spent on processing and 4-color separations- still have boxes of slides somewhere.

I have always been a huge fan of photo-illustration (big surprise, huh?) and I used to dream about what was then called a 'graphics workstation'... 150K for a computer system with less processing power than today's average smartphone. I could fantasize and visualize a finished piece, but in those days you needed a color darkroom and lots of time to do any kind of special effects and that equipment wasn't cheap. Glad I didn't make that leap back in 1977.

Great pics, as always Jay!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by drhoback View Post
    Can you imagine this many pictures on film? Sorting though negatives, developing them? When digital first arrived it was not very good quality. Wow what we have gotten to. Keep rockin Jay!
    Did a year-end tally the other day- shot 40K frames last year, which is down because I missed fantasy fest and some races, and the Bimini Challenge did not happen.

Still... think about how many rolls of film that would be, not counting processing costs- just the raw film. yikes. The Sunday folder from Key West has 1849 frames in it- culled down from 2200.
    That's 62 rolls of 36-exposure film. At $3 ea thats 18 hundy for one day, before you leave the room. (ektachrome was more like 5 a roll IIRC late 70's)

I've always been a fan of technology. Bring it.
    I want a camera that can also be a projector and have real-time webcam broadcasting capabilities, weigh less than a pound, and have unlimited battery life.
    Call me a dreamer. :biggrin-new:

Wow Jay, that water in KW gets extremely rough. Look at Aqua Mania catching some air in those conditions, great pic.

It was a bit sporty, wind had been light but steady all week. What makes that spot interesting is the tidal flow-
    coming in and out around the point creates a pretty good hole. Always makes for great pix if you're on em when they hit it.

This street can sometimes be a black hole for your memory and your money. :anonymous:

WOW, that is an awesome shot!! As far as camera technology, I think cameras like you described are on the horizon.
    Makes you wonder how much technology they hold back, however.