Hybrid View

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by drhoback View Post
    Can you imagine this many pictures on film? Sorting though negatives, developing them? When digital first arrived it was not very good quality. Wow what we have gotten to. Keep rockin Jay!
    Did a year-end tally the other day- shot 40K frames last year, which is down because I missed fantasy fest and some races, and the Bimini Challenge did not happen.

Still... think about how many rolls of film that would be, not counting processing costs- just the raw film. yikes. The Sunday folder from Key West has 1849 frames in it- culled down from 2200.
    That's 62 rolls of 36-exposure film. At $3 ea thats 18 hundy for one day, before you leave the room. (ektachrome was more like 5 a roll IIRC late 70's)

I've always been a fan of technology. Bring it.
    I want a camera that can also be a projector and have real-time webcam broadcasting capabilities, weigh less than a pound, and have unlimited battery life.
    Call me a dreamer. :biggrin-new:

Wow Jay, that water in KW gets extremely rough. Look at Aqua Mania catching some air in those conditions, great pic.

It was a bit sporty, wind had been light but steady all week. What makes that spot interesting is the tidal flow-
    coming in and out around the point creates a pretty good hole. Always makes for great pix if you're on em when they hit it.

This street can sometimes be a black hole for your memory and your money. :anonymous:

WOW, that is an awesome shot!! As far as camera technology, I think cameras like you described are on the horizon.
    Makes you wonder how much technology they hold back, however.

Oh, hell yes- today's sensors are eliminating the need for flash.
    Combine an iPhone with a few cool instagram filters and wa-la...
    a multi-media travelogue you can share with every one of your friends before your hangover's gone.

I remember an anecdote from an engineering class back around 1970-
    even back then reading license plates in Red Square with the satellites was passe.
    They supposedly had the ability to 'see' about a dozen feet into the ground.

who knows what's next? I'm ready, bring it. :glee:

I've been experimenting with some composite ideas-
    mostly involving multiple images of one boat.
    Here's an experiment with the Sheds Plus Fountain from Key West.

WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Oh, hell yes- today's sensors are eliminating the need for flash.
    Combine an iPhone with a few cool instagram filters and wa-la...
    a multi-media travelogue you can share with every one of your friends before your hangover's gone.

I remember an anecdote from an engineering class back around 1970-
    even back then reading license plates in Red Square with the satellites was passe.
    They supposedly had the ability to 'see' about a dozen feet into the ground.

who knows what's next? I'm ready, bring it. :glee:

I've been experimenting with some composite ideas-
    mostly involving multiple images of one boat.
    Here's an experiment with the Sheds Plus Fountain from Key West.

Keep experimenting this is really cool!!!

I've got more. Hell, I still have hundreds just from Key West, probably a couple thousand from nearly all the year's events.
    it's that time thingy that hangs me up...