Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smoke alarm help.....

I know it is not boat related, but I am losing my mind. I have 6 (yes 6) smoke alarms in the house here upstairs. So I woke up the other night to one of them chirping at me. Went out and unplugged it to shut it up. Then went out and bought all new 9v batteries for them, and have gone around and replaced them all with new 9v's. Tested them and they all went off at the same time as they are supposed to. Thought all was done, and lo and behold, it's still chirping back there. Driving me nuts. Any ideas from you guys. I am out of answers...next step is just to go back and unplug it from the ceiling and leave it.

You have five others, I'd unplug it.

They have a shelf life. Check the date.
    I replaced the ones in the motorhome this year. They started talking!

I had to replace a few of mine for the same reason. Go buy 1 or more new ones. The newer ones are better as they don't go off as easily from heat or cooking.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

I just unplugged it. Hell with it. I'll replace the battery again tonight. It may have gotten a bad battery.

Your smokies my have 110v power with a 9v battery backup. All your smokies, both up and down stairs are all link together with a 3 wire romex. When 1 battery goes they all chirp. The other problem my just be dust. While replacing the batteries, blow them out. You will be surprised the amount of dust they collect. Hope this helps/works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tishimself View Post
    I just unplugged it. Hell with it. I'll replace the battery again tonight. It may have gotten a bad battery.
    Did you check the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Did you check the battery?

I thought it was a fresh battery I put into that one....maybe not...going to have Chrissie buy a new one today and install it when I get in tonight....

I thought it was a fresh battery I put into that one....maybe not...going to have Chrissie buy a new one today and install it when I get in tonight....
    It's a detector that has gone bad. I had the same thing happen. Like someone previously said, they are good for so long.

You won't know until you lick it!