Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Black Friday! / Great Deals

Who here will be partaking in the madness? I know I'll be running out on Thanksgiving to buy a TV as it will save me some $300.00. Maybe I'll buy two of them. Anybody else have any targeted buys they plan on making?

Lots of boat gas and I'm sure none of it is gonna be on sale, fock.

I'll be working half the day then at the bar where I belong.

Nope! I did the "Black Friday" thing ONCE many years ago... got up at 3:30 a.m. and was the mall by whatever time it opened, it was still dark and I'm pretty sure I was sleep walking. The things I bought weren't even "special purchase" items. I love shopping, but Black Friday ain't for me! We'll be at the river this weekend... I hope to be doing "Desert Bar Friday"!
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Who here will be partaking in the madness? I know I'll be running out on Thanksgiving to buy a TV as it will save me some $300.00. Maybe I'll buy two of them. Anybody else have any targeted buys they plan on making?
    I had a 50" LED TV picked out that I want for the outside patio.....so the great price was attractive since it will spend it's life outside.........but then I was at Wal-Mart last night and they had a better version of the same TV for only ~$100 more so I just paid the $$ so I wouldn't have to spend Thursday night waiting in line.......plus we'll have it outside for Thanksgiving as we're having 8-10 people over for dinner and that way some folks can sit outside and watch the game

$488 for a 50" SmartTv.....ain't too bad considering I didn't have to fight the crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    I had a 50" LED TV picked out that I want for the outside patio.....so the great price was attractive since it will spend it's life outside.........but then I was at Wal-Mart last night and they had a better version of the same TV for only ~$100 more so I just paid the $$ so I wouldn't have to spend Thursday night waiting in line.......plus we;ll have it outside for Thanksgiving as we're having 8-10 people over for dinner and that way some folks can sit outside and watch the game

$488 for a 50" SmartTv.....ain't too bad considering I didn't have to fight the crowds
    Not a bad deal! and you don't have to deal with the madness!
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

The good part about Walmart this year is that the door buster is a time frame and not an amount so as long as I'm there during that hour, I get the tv for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    I had a 50" LED TV picked out that I want for the outside patio.....so the great price was attractive since it will spend it's life outside.........but then I was at Wal-Mart last night and they had a better version of the same TV for only ~$100 more so I just paid the $$ so I wouldn't have to spend Thursday night waiting in line.......plus we'll have it outside for Thanksgiving as we're having 8-10 people over for dinner and that way some folks can sit outside and watch the game

Well worth the few bucks for you sanity, good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    The good part about Walmart this year is that the door buster is a time frame and not an amount so as long as I'm there during that hour, I get the tv for the price.
    Yeah.....they were talking about that when I was there the other day.....basically if they have say 100 of something they have 100 wristbands to give out for that item....you can then shop for other things and they guarantee that they will have tat item available for you for 2 hours after the stated time (eg. 8PM items will be available till 10PM if you have the wristband).....in case anyone wanted to know how it was going to work

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    Nope! I did the "Black Friday" thing ONCE many years ago... got up at 3:30 a.m. and was the mall by whatever time it opened, it was still dark and I'm pretty sure I was sleep walking. The things I bought weren't even "special purchase" items. I love shopping, but Black Friday ain't for me! We'll be at the river this weekend... I hope to be doing "Desert Bar Friday"!
    Wheres your spirit? We can all hit the Parker Walmart pre-dawn Friday morning. :p

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2