Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You had to work fast to get that picture Jerry. Danny Ryan in his one and only GN race. Long Beach 2006. Blew the engine big time about the 5th lap of first race Saturday and never raced again.
    Rule #1, never bring a knife to a gun fight.
    It's a still frame from video.

You better down load that one. They don't usually let videos of Joey getting his ass whopped stay up too long.

Yep. Cylinder pressures are stupid. Specially when you consider a roots goes to full boost on the hit, regardless the RPM. So coming off a corner in one is hell on the lower end. Even at Puddingstone where Bill never lifts, in the corners the engine is pulled down about 2000 RPM by the boat being deeper in the water plus the rudder blocking the prop. Full load at 5000 thru the whole corner just torments the crank and rods. That is the only place we ever tore the snout off the crank.
    I guess I have lot of questions about the engines...how do you control detonation? I mean, all I can think of is backing the timing down or run pig rich....but if you did, you'd never crest the 1k hp mark. Very high octane?
    Last edited by FormulaZR; 12-03-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    You better down load that one. They don't usually let videos of Joey getting his ass whopped stay up too long.

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
    I guess I have lot of questions about the engines...how do you control detonation? I mean, all I can think of is backing the timing down or run pig rich....but if you did, you'd never crest the 1k hp mark. Very high octane?
    Lot of water flow thru the heads with a few tweeks to keep them as cool as possible. Piston oilers to keep the heat down in them along with a with other things I don't really care to reveal online, and yes, C16 fuel.

Armenian Navy.
    Name:  44.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  82.2 KB

Whats the secret to running a 1000 hp thru a Eagle crank ? Lots of water ?