Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Nice shots HBCHGRL!!!

Name:  gn24 NEW 2.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  gn7 burley 2012.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  52.2 KB
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 11-25-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Nice shots HBCHGRL!!!

Name:  gn24 NEW 2.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  gn7 burley 2012.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  52.2 KB
    Thanks! That first one of Body Snatcher is a great shot!
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Who can name all these drivers?

Depending on the exact year.
    can't tell you is in the first boat.
    next, looks like it could be a Rush.
    3rd Lanse Haselrig GN790
    4th either Bohana or Skip Tuttle GN711
    5th Mike Hoban (rip) GN 30
    6th No clue
    7th I'll go with Paul Fitzgerald, but it could be Dave Rankin. GN9
    8th No clue
    Last edited by gn7; 11-25-2013 at 08:47 PM.

HP? I would only be guessing but I would GUESS that these guys are in the 800-900 neighborhood... UNless it has Paul Grichar power, then it is MUCHO higher... Kidding about that, kinda... GN7 BOB would be a better one to ask but I do know they run pretty high PSI manifold pressure for what they do...

The GN class is my absolute favorite of all the classes, when you know a little about building engines and then see what kind of torture these guys endure in the LONG runs, with such a heavy hull, in comparison to a K or an SS hull... These guys could break an ANVIL in these boats, its some serious torture and GN7 had the whole engine combo figured out... Going fast is cool BUT finishing the FINAL is even cooler, there is MAJOR fallout in this class due to the torture...

The first time I heard the Plan B 305 boat really crack on it I got an erection like a 18 yr old kid...
    Manifold pressure is not that high. In fact its pretty low. Compression on the other hand, we don't discuss even among friends.
    You need to bring 1000-1100 HP to the table, or you are back marker, and they only have 475 inches to make that, with roughly 10 psi boost. They are stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Manifold pressure is not that high. In fact its pretty low. Compression on the other hand, we don't discuss even among friends.
    You need to bring 1000-1100 HP to the table, or you are back marker, and they only have 475 inches to make that, with roughly 10 psi boost. They are stressed.
    Making that much horsepower with the CI/PSI you have...seems like the static CR would be kind of in the N/A pump gas type range?

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
    Making that much horsepower with the CI/PSI you have...seems like the static CR would be kind of in the N/A pump gas type range?
    Yep. Cylinder pressures are stupid. Specially when you consider a roots goes to full boost on the hit, regardless the RPM. So coming off a corner in one is hell on the lower end. Even at Puddingstone where Bill never lifts, in the corners the engine is pulled down about 2000 RPM by the boat being deeper in the water plus the rudder blocking the prop. Full load at 5000 thru the whole corner just torments the crank and rods. That is the only place we ever tore the snout off the crank.

Depending on the exact year.
    can't tell you is in the first boat.
    next, looks like it could be a Rush.
    3rd Lanse Haselrig GN790
    4th either Bohana or Skip Tuttle GN711
    5th Mike Hoban (rip) GN 30
    6th No clue
    7th I'll go with Paul Fitzgerald, but it could be Dave Rankin. GN9
    8th No clue
    Here's a few more from Castaic and Mission bay.. I think 6 is Teague and 8th is Bonici's boat with previous owner. (I can't remember names.)

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Yep. Cylinder pressures are stupid. Specially when you consider a roots goes to full boost on the hit, regardless the RPM. So coming off a corner in one is hell on the lower end. Even at Puddingstone where Bill never lifts, in the corners the engine is pulled down about 2000 RPM by the boat being deeper in the water plus the rudder blocking the prop. Full load at 5000 thru the whole corner just torments the crank and rods. That is the only place we ever tore the snout off the crank.
    This is why I have such respect for the GNs, I recognize it takes a planning and skills to put one together AND keep it together, MORE than in the other classes that make 5 laps and are done...

MORE than in the other classes that make 5 laps and are done...
    Done? You make it sound like they go home after 5 laps.... What about testing, heats, semi's and the final? And keep in mind that many of the GN boats aren't running the entire race at "full" throttle.

I'm not saying your point is wrong, but give the other classes a little more credit.

My all time favorite GN, Bill is an awsome driver, he dives that thing into the corners like nobody I've ever seen

Name:  gn7.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  97.5 KB