Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Sorry, I'm busy making my own racing history, even if it apparently involves Shamu.

Believe this is one of Bill Moore's "Dark Side of the Moon" boats, sold to Norm Woods in Canada, which became "The Gambler" Can-Am boat. Name:  Norm Woods originally Dark Side of the Moon then The Gambler.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  66.6 KB
    Last edited by AZ Outlaw; 01-30-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Outlaw View Post
    Believe this is one of Bill Moore's "Dark Side of the Moon" boats, sold to Norm Woods in Canada, which became "The Gambler" Can-Am boat.
    That's my kind of action Mr. Condom (driving by on the trailer).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    That's my kind of action Mr. Condom (driving by on the trailer).
    At least it was on its way to a race.

K-997Name:  284030_3687409268053_194908967_n.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  73.2 KB

Where are all of these capsule k-boats at now?

Ok so again history buffs.....who is in the SS-6 boat above?, and please provide some names and teams to the various capsule boats you guys are posting.

Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    Whats the info on the SS-6, driver, owner, year etc. Thanks

HISTORY OF K-24

Val Wheeler built 3 of these "team" boats. Not pictured was an identical D' Cucci. The ss boat seen above was at Burley 1994 with I believe Heath Culp at the wheel. Paul Whittington eventually ended up with that boat for a while. The K boat was also Burley '94 and looking at the angle, I must have snapped both pictures from the exact same spot about 50 yards up river of the launch ramp.

The K was driven by Jeff Christensen that weekend. That boat eventually made it's way into the hands of Dan Monson who had his son Corey drive it with a carbureted motor for a little while.

That's Dan on the right.
    Name:  Burleygirl.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  171.8 KB

Corey and his sister out front of Red Rock at one of the many v-drive regattas 2000.

Name:  k6monsonkids.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  167.8 KB

Burley 2001. My video camera broke this weekend so they made me a turn judge.
    Name:  burleyk's.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  227.3 KB

Around 2004 Pat Eason bought the K boat and painted it. Corey continued to drive it at the races but now with injector.

Name:  DSCF0758.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  301.3 KB

A few years later Pat sold this boat to MidLife crisis and bought John Brittons (sp) red capsule boat out of New Jersey. That's the same boat he has now.
    Midlife crisis put the 24 number on the old K-6/711 and proceeded to spend $100,000 in engines.

This same boat was converted to capsule and painted into the current Capt. America that we've all seen a million times (because Midlife posts 6 extremely vain pictures of it every day lol). The K 24 was originally K-6 which as displayed was one of 3 original Val Wheeler "team" boats. Midlife should've cloned it back to original. Val Wheelers original paint looked much better.

Last edited by Sharp shooter; 01-31-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks for the history Jerry, that awsome to know where these boats evolved from