Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by NRI View Post
    What quote is President Kennedy most famous for?
    "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    John F. Kennedy was a good sailor, and he loved to sail big yachts such as the Manitou, but he favored small boats throughout his life, appreciating the simplicity, intimacy and ease of handling that a good little sailboat provides. Thus, in hindsight, it's not surprising that the 26 foot Wianno Senior sailboat Victura - a gift from his parents for his 15th birthday - remained his favorite throughout his life. It was the boat on which he taught many others, including his beloved wife Jackie, to sail, and it was the boat that captured and held his imagination throughout his life.Attachment 25960
    My Uncle sailed with him on Cape Cod all the time when they were younger. I remember my Uncle telling me stories about him when I would stay on the Cape for the summers. BTW, this was also where I learned to sail and took a boat out by myself for the first time.

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
    I wish this was true, but not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    My Uncle sailed with him on Cape Cod all the time when they were younger. I remember my Uncle telling me stories about him when I would stay on the Cape for the summers. BTW, this was also where I learned to sail and took a boat out by myself for the first time.
    Great story. Never new is was such an avid sailor

John F. Kennedy was a good sailor, and he loved to sail big yachts such as the Manitou, but he favored small boats throughout his life, appreciating the simplicity, intimacy and ease of handling that a good little sailboat provides. Thus, in hindsight, it's not surprising that the 26 foot Wianno Senior sailboat Victura - a gift from his parents for his 15th birthday - remained his favorite throughout his life. It was the boat on which he taught many others, including his beloved wife Jackie, to sail, and it was the boat that captured and held his imagination throughout his life.Attachment 25960
    Very well written Wendi. Maybe he was a HOTBOATER at heart.

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by NRI View Post
    Very well written Wendi. Maybe he was a HOTBOATER at heart.
    I think he was too!

Show me somebody that is 60+ YO that doesn't know exactly where they were, and what they were doing when they heard he had been shot, and I will show you somebody that can't remember their own name. Never met anybody that couldn't recount that exact moment in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Recording the show on The History channel tonight, looking forward to watching it .
    Ooooh, thanks for the heads up GH... setting my DVR now!
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    What a great story and memory!

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Show me somebody that is 60+ YO that doesn't know exactly where they were, and what they were doing when they heard he had been shot, and I will show you somebody that can't remember their own name. Never met anybody that couldn't recount that exact moment in their life.

My mom remembers exactly where she was and always gets choked up when she talks about it. I wish I would have been around in his era...