Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any members near the Sacramento, CA area that know about cars?

I found a car I think I need near Sacramento, CA. I am in Texas, but will be in South Lake Tahoe, Ca between Dec 21-28.

However, I don't know if the car will be around then - and I can't look at it before that. Are there any members here that will be in the Sacramento area before Dec 21 that could look at it for me?

It's a '75 Mercedes 280 with a GM 4.8/4L60E swap.

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
    I found a car I think I need near Sacramento, CA. I am in Texas, but will be in South Lake Tahoe, Ca between Dec 21-28.

However, I don't know if the car will be around then - and I can't look at it before that. Are there any members here that will be in the Sacramento area before Dec 21 that could look at it for me?

It's a '75 Mercedes 280 with a GM 4.8/4L60E swap.
    Is this the car? If yes, here is the write ups he did on two different forums

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/vint...-280-w114.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...114-4-8-a.html

Oh, by the way, Grads lives - not too far away. Couple of guys on the other boating forum live very close by.
    Last edited by Universal Elements; 12-03-2013 at 02:36 PM.

GRADS
    I'm in the Sacramento area and I'm a member at benzworld. I looked at that build thread and I'm probably not the guy you want looking at it but if I can help let me know.

Wow that's pretty interesting. If you don't mind, what is he asking for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    $3500!

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Elements View Post
    Is this the car? If yes, here is the write ups he did on two different forums

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/vint...-280-w114.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...114-4-8-a.html

Oh, by the way, Grads lives - not too far away. Couple of guys on the other boating forum live very close by.
    Yes, that's the car. I loosely followed it for a while, and was kind of excited when it came up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I'm in the Sacramento area and I'm a member at benzworld. I looked at that build thread and I'm probably not the guy you want looking at it but if I can help let me know.
    Cool, I'm a Benzworld and MBWorld member also - but was most active in the W215 or V12TT/M275 sections. Just curious...why don't I want you looking at it? If there's something you don't like about the car, I'd sure like to know about it before I jump off and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    He's asking $3500. I plan to drive it as is for a while, and then put my 5.7 LS1 in it with my Vigilante 3600 converter (after a rear end upgrade).

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by FormulaZR View Post
    Cool, I'm a Benzworld and MBWorld member also - but was most active in the W215 or V12TT/M275 sections. Just curious...why don't I want you looking at it? If there's something you don't like about the car, I'd sure like to know about it before I jump off and buy it.
    It seems that the car has been altered quite a bit from its original state. If not done correctly you could be looking at a whole lot of problems. I don't know much about fabrication so I wouldn't know where to begin to look for problems.

I'd want to look at that myself or a professional at least. The guy does some interesting work for sure. Not sure of the overall quality from the pictures though.....

I just got the time to look through the build threads. I like the idea of car, but I'm not thrilled with the execution. Probably going to have to pass...

Are you passing for sure? Where in the Sac Area is it? I might be able to go look at tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to make a call on it, but I could tell you if it is worth investigating further and take some pictures of the work.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.