View Poll Results: INTRO section- Yay or Nay.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

7 46.67%
  • NO

8 53.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Introductions- POLL

Ran across my mind the other day since there are a lot of people signing up daily. Not sure if it would be used or not but what do you guys think of an "Introduction" section? Possibly a sub-forum of the Sandbar? It might entice new signups to post? Introduce themselves, where the boat, how they found us, etc...?

Any thoughts?

I say have em post up here.

If they don't get a reply in the intro section bc most of us, 6 Elis, forget any other section exists, they may feel ignored.

Besides, this place is so friendly, there's no reason why anyone should feel uncomfortable posting.

You know what? I could be the greeter! Give the daily sign ups and I'll PM them with a nice PM, make them comfortable. I think I'm good at helping people come out of their shell...or run and hide

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    You know what? I could be the greeter! Give the daily sign ups and I'll PM them with a nice PM, make them comfortable.
    Yet one more way to fill your box.......uh huh

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Yet one more way to fill your box.......uh huh
    My box is empty...it almost has cob webs

Sent from my Bat Cave

I hear what your saying GH, but agree with Joker. Site is very friendly and outgoing meaning they shouldn't have any issue merging into the Sandbar topics. Yea, it's a little like the first day of school or changing schools but everyone has been met with open arms and many have stayed on board here. I think of forums as being in a bar via the Internet, drinking and have conversation from your living room. Just like the bar, you can move to a different topic if one isn't of interest to you. I vote to keep it like it is rather than segregate new people.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

My box is empty...it almost has cob webs

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Go here http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthrea...ting-Questions

This will give you everything you need to fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I hear what your saying GH, but agree with Joker. Site is very friendly and outgoing meaning they shouldn't have any issue merging into the Sandbar topics. Yea, it's a little like the first day of school or changing schools but everyone has been met with open arms and many have stayed on board here. I think of forums as being in a bar via the Internet, drinking and have conversation from your living room. Just like the bar, you can move to a different topic if one isn't of interest to you. I vote to keep it like it is rather than segregate new people.

CH3NO2
    Stainless you hit the nail right on the head...............HB is just like "Cheers"

If they don't get a reply in the intro section bc most of us, 6 Elis, forget any other section exists, they may feel ignored.

Besides, this place is so friendly, there's no reason why anyone should feel uncomfortable posting.

You know what? I could be the greeter! Give the daily sign ups and I'll PM them with a nice PM, make them comfortable. I think I'm good at helping people come out of their shell...or run and hide

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Shit, I basically wrote same thing, great idea to be the Hotboat Greeter though!

Have you got experience, say 2 years min from Walmart?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Shit, I basically wrote same thing, great idea to be the Hotboat Greeter though!

Have you got experience, say 2 years min from Walmart?

CH3NO2
    No, but I was a greeter at the Gap for a
    Christmas season. You could hear me from any part of the store!

Sent from my Bat Cave