Saw this on FB this morning.....
    Name:  old.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  114.7 KB

Looks like Long Beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Looks like Long Beach
    That's what it looked like back around 1975.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Saw this on FB this morning.....
    Name:  old.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  114.7 KB
    Holly CRAAAAAP that looks like a LOT O FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY wasn't I in LB at that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing my wife and inlaws were there, just 1/2 mile away on 3rd street, just up the hill from the school in the background... And apparently knew NOTHING OR didn't give a crap about the goings on in Marine Stadium EVEN with my father in laws penchant for boating/racing...

SHarpShooter, does this say REX MARINE??? How long have they been around??? DId Mike start Rex Marine or???

Name:  old2.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  126.3 KB
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 06-04-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Jack Rex started Rex Marine back probably like 79...? Obnoxious knows the story he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Jack Rex started Rex Marine back probably like 79...? Obnoxious knows the story he was there.

The 79 date kind of dates the picture in that case IF that is a old RexMarine logo on that boat.

IF you see the first/closest sanger in that OP pic, that is how I recall my hydro looking (but with a yellow gel base and all kinds of colors) when my late friend Sam first owned it and when Jerry second owned it...

My third close friend had someone "touch it up" (just before I bought it) and now all that original Sanger paint detail is gone... :(

Who knows, maybe Billy/Harlin painted mine...

It looked like antique crackle paint, I thought it was bitchen the way it had aged...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    The 79 date kind of dates the picture in that case IF that is a old RexMarine logo on that boat....
    Yeah maybe, the photographer of the front facing pic I posted was said to be '76. Looking at the paint I would say the 76 pic is earlier than the starting rope pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Yeah maybe, the photographer of the front facing pic I posted was said to be '76. Looking at the paint I would say the 76 pic is earlier than the starting rope pic.
    Very cool stuff... Jerry, please fire up the WAY BACK machine and take us back to those days for a DO over...

I wanna live that scene in LB/SoCal with the sprints/drags/ocean runners... I feel cheated for not being there...

ALso the asphalt drags in SoCal, the hollywood hemi days of CT strokers and all the drag racing going on... I wanna DO OVER...

LA Boat Show 1958 Name:  31dS.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  89.4 KB