Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post

Rad

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    The #96 is a center-steer, long-deck Mandella of Jake and Jerry Gilbreath, almost a twin to the #99 "Rawhide" of Lou Brummett. Wonder what ever happened to that boat?
    That's a good question.

I believe it was called "Gil-T".

Hi Ryan -- I think you're right, Jake Gilbreath still called his #96 Mandella "Gil-T" -- the first "Gil-T" was also a Mandella (back in the mid-1960s when Jake was still a Fire Captain in El Monte and running his custom gas tank business out of his garage at home) but it was all-white with orange accent trim and was originally #26 (and just standard ski-boat cockpit configuration -- not a long deck center steer). Also like the shot of Bill Muncey in the Miss Atlas Van Lines unlimited. Bill was a very good friend and a great teammate (we drove together for Team Evinrude and Glastron Carlson in many endurance races back in the late 1970s). Someday I need to tell the story about going to lunch with Bill and finding out what it was really like to be a professional boat racer. It wasn't nearly as glamorous as most people think.

That was my father in laws company, I have about 20 of those skis in my garage. I have actually met several of the people who's name is on those skis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

iBoat
    what happened to all the big players dumping money into experimental boats those were the days

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

sighhhhhhhh........
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Now thats what I call a cleat