Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Out of all of those your house was the only one worth buying.
    Yeah, no shit. 1978 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    All 21 Cruisers you see racing and that vast majority of the recreational cruisers have less freeboard than the mold. There are very few full height cruisers out there, and when you see one, you know it. I have only seen one.
    I think there may be a slight height difference with the boats that have the crown deck like the B&W pics I posted, the boat in the as that Shooter posted, and the ones Ryan posted. I believe the flat ski deck like the ones on the majority of the boats racing GN. The only crown deck that comes to mind that raced recently is Devine's GN47. I don't think its a lot different in the freeboard, but I think its slightly taller. The deck plays a role in how far they cut down the hull. The more they cut the sides, the shorter and narrower the boat gets and the deck doesn't fit properly and needs modifying.
    The mold is about 6" taller than the boats you see racing GN. Most of the boats that are taller than the GNs are less than 2 inches taller, even though they look much taller. A full height 21 cruiser is HUGE looking. The one and only full height cruiser I have seen was a outboard center console whaler. The guy worked for Rudy back in the 70s and uses it for fishing in the ocean and runs to Catalina.

They have been built in every conceivable configuration you can think of. V drive, jet, outboard, open bow, whaler. Not too many boats that do very well in competition, ski, circle and offshore, usually do well as recreation boats. He sold a ton of them.

Bob, I think that Sammons may have a 'full-height' cruiser that he is threatening to make a Whaler out of. I know that Armen had a fairly tall cruiser that he sold to RCL and I look to see if I can find a pic of the two side by side but the one that Sammons got (from RCL's buddy Tim) had to be 4" taller than the tall one that Armen had.

This jacket, along with a bunch of cool old water ski stuff, is hanging up in this really good breakfast spot called The Crooked Duck here in Long Beach.

Name:  IMG_0342.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  54.2 KBName:  IMG_0344.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  49.6 KB

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    Bob, I think that Sammons may have a 'full-height' cruiser that he is threatening to make a Whaler out of. I know that Armen had a fairly tall cruiser that he sold to RCL and I look to see if I can find a pic of the two side by side but the one that Sammons got (from RCL's buddy Tim) had to be 4" taller than the tall one that Armen had.
    Vdrive? with gear box and engine?
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Found it.....but there is another one with the two 21's side by side...
    Name:  RaysonTallCruise.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  32.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Vdrive? with gear box and engine?
    Trying to campare pix of the one Ryan posted, the Elephant Bastard and this brown one. The blue one appears that the cav rod is about at midpoint from the plates to the cap while the white one and brown one look to be about one third from plate to cav rod and two thirds from rod to cap.

Bruce, unsure which boat you are asking about but both Armen's and (now) Sammons' cruisers are both v-drives.

Yes, Daves cruiser certainly appears to be full height. Its kind of funny because from this angle it doesn't really seem to be that much taller. Then you look at the one you posted from the back and look at the distance from the cap line to the cav control bar, and its way tall. You would have to cut that down to about the top of the dark brown gel coat graphics to get close to a "normal" cruiser.

It wouldn't be the first cruiser whaler. I believe Danny Bell has a full height hull he was going to make into a center console whaler, but now I think he considering a wood deck with the dash moved forward. Rudy laid up a whaler for a customer that never picked it up, and he eventually traded it with a flat deck installed for a 20ft flat and some cash. That boat is now Andy's "Shakedown" boat.

Name:  21 rayson cruiser.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  31.8 KB
    Last edited by gn7; 12-18-2013 at 07:26 PM.

This transaction happend over the weekend of RCL's birthday and a bunch of us were up there and took the tour of Tim's garage. This brown one has a floor in it and when Sammons was standing in the boat, the gunnel hit him about waist high.....

Where are the super secret spy photos? Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Where are the super secret spy photos? Karl.
    They are seriously off limits.