Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    This is a good one.
    Name:  lifeline.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  98.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I believe it was '69. I talked to Chuck Boyd about this a few times. There were guys that wanted to race, but their boats were beyond any of the classes. The result was KRR.
    Yeah, '69 sounds about right. That was roughly the same time as entire shake up in the runabout classes. SK was on its way out, PC was coming in, classes like the E service were fading. Like you said, there was nowhere to run a boat with a blower or larger than 500 CID in inboard runabout, so KRR was created using the K from what was primarily a straightaway Unlimited class for runabout, non steeped displacement hulls.

72...? Remember the front hitches with the super long extensions?
    Never had a front hitch, but I do have a super long extension for the trailer. Used maybe once or twice at Parker. Pain in the ass trying to move the boat around with it. Never used it again.

Name:  rayson69.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  81.6 KB

A first from Eliminator. lol '73

Name:  elimskido.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  156.0 KB

Name:  rayson69.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  81.6 KB
    Cool ad Jerry. Never seen that one before. Some interesting things in that ad. JD Hunt is running a 20 ft GN, Culwell looks like its a flat, or possibly a straked 18ft LP, although I don't think Rudy straked the LP until later.

Maricich is driving Ron Larson Its Quick Super Stock.

I think one of the "new" 20ft owners, Ed Carter, is Ron and Phil Carter's dad.

Snoopy, Rudy and Bill Coopers offshore boat. Crazy rig. Similar to the GN bottom, but larger, and the crew was in the very rear. I think the name came from the length of the nose of the boat.
    Rudy entered that boat in a race and the techs claimed it was too short for the class, and Rudy glassed a broom handle to the deck and sent it back thru tech. I don't think the boat was all that, but they drove the shit out of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Cool ad Jerry. Never seen that one before. Some interesting things in that ad. JD Hunt is running a 20 ft GN, Culwell looks like its a flat, or possibly a straked 18ft LP, although I don't think Rudy straked the LP until later.

Snoopy, Rudy and Bill Coopers offshore boat. Crazy rig. Similar to the GN bottom, but larger, and the crew was in the very rear. I think the name came from the length of the nose of the boat.
    Rudy entered that boat in a race and the techs claimed it was too short for the class, and Rudy glassed a broom handle to the deck and sent it back thru tech. I don't think the boat was all that, but they drove the shit out of the thing.
    Whatever the case, they sure stacked up some wins!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post

When did my favorite model of RaysonCraft hull make its debut Bob???
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Hey Jerry, have you any pix of Dennis Pollocia sliding on his ass as he passed through the timing lights?

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    1975. Rudy may have had a couple out there before they went public. He was pretty good about running and testing them before selling them.
    Like I posted earlier in this thread, this is Numbero Uno of the 21 ft cruiser. Not much of a race boat is it. Even has a bow rail.
    To my knowledge, nobody raced one in the GN class until around 79 or so. Maybe even a little later. It was built as a ski race boat, and it is still one of the better ski race boats in my opinion, even though the Schiada is more popular.
    You should consider a different "favorite". It doesn't have the win record you would like to believe it does.
    Thruthfully, there is maybe 4-5 people EVER that could race the 21 successfully, and maybe 1 or 2 of them perfered not to use the 21 even though they could win in it and you know who is not one of that 4-5 people. There isn't a long string of successful 21 cruiser drivers.
    Watch Robbie Devine drive a 21 and he looks like he is constantly making steering corrections in the boat. He is. But the boat is going dead straight. Watch Joey and he looks 8/10s out of control, He is, because he isn't making the steering corrections. The 21 is QUICKER than the 20, and just as fast. It doesn't handle rough water as well UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE DOING!! At speed, in rough water, the 21 demands your attention.

I know, I know, you just love the boat. Tell me that after you have tried driving one at 100 plus. It takes some special skills to drive fast WELL. Trust me.

Last edited by gn7; 12-16-2013 at 09:41 PM.