Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "knockout" game

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    That's fucked up. What a bunch of chicken shit punks. Anyone notice the common thread in this crap? It's the same old elephant in the room that everyone is afraid to talk about. WUWP!
    Im sure these piece of shit kids could of been Obama's son as that other piece of shit Treyvon.....!

You know it was gonna happen sooner or later. Guy gets shot and now has to serve a year in jail. Sucks to be you!

http://www.theroot.com/articles/cult...?wpsrc=ob_july

Teen Playing ‘Knockout Game’ Gets Shot by Victim

A 17-year-old playing a “game” that attacks unsuspecting victims ends up shot twice and serving a year in prison.

A man standing on a corner in Michigan waiting for his 6-year-old daughter to be dropped off from school wasn't too worried about the van he saw circle him twice.

"I saw the van circle twice, and the second time three kids came out. I didn't suspect anything. I hadn't any enemies, or any reason to believe they would be looking to do anything to me," he told news station

He had no idea that he was the target in the "knockout game," in which a group of young men prey on an unsuspecting victim and attempt to knock them out while videotaping the attack to post later on the Internet.

Marvell Weaver, 17, approached the man and, instead of punching him, tried to take him down with a Taser.

"He shoved something into my side. I wasn't sure what it was. It had some force to it. I wasn't sure if it was a knife or a gun," said the victim.

The Taser didn't work, and that is when the victim, who is licensed to carry a gun, took out a .40-caliber pistol and shot Weaver, hitting him once in the leg and once an inch away from the teen's spine.

Weaver was sentenced to a year in jail for the attack.

"It was just a lesson learned," he told the news station. "I wish I hadn't played the game at all."

Before Weaver was caught, he says that he and his friends had attacked random people on several occasions.

"Not many, six or seven. It wouldn't be an everyday game, just a certain game to be played on certain days. You don't even try to rob them or anything. That's the game," said Weaver, speaking to the news station from prison.

Weaver says it's not gang related and that teens are playing it because they're bored. Plus, they've been seeing others doing it and getting away with it on the Internet.

"There's a price to pay if they wind up doing it. A good example is Marvell Weaver," said Lansing police officer Robert Merritt told the news station.

"What they tried to do to me wouldn't have been a joke if they would've succeeded," Weaver's victim told the news station. "My child would've been left with the aftermath of seeing her father in any type of way I would've been left."