Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodging Bullets

Dodging Bullets

I moved to San Diego in June and I have been trying to meet more people in the area and a friend of mine suggested I use an App called Tinder. It's super easy you just need a FB account and off you go. You get connected with people in your area. Obviously, it is a dating App. Well, I have met a few people from the site and they really have been great, nice people. Until yesterday, I had the most interesting encounter, funny as shit!

I start messaging with this guy who claims he's looking for a relationship and not just a booty call and... he goes straight for the "sexual" questions, I reply with "let's wait until we meet or maybe after a few dates to ask these questions." He get's arrogant and gives me the "oh well good luck" reply. Strike one. I reply by telling him that it's best not to corner people into a reply, allow them to be themselves and you will be pleasantly surprised and "BTW your approach was a total turn off." He apologizes profusely and I give him an opportunity to redeem himself. So we talk on the phone, first phone conversation and after a few minutes we make plans to meet Wednesday. He then suggests that sometime in the future we go wine tasting and how he can be the DD since he can't drink wine, yes I know this was the second strike; however, I thought well maybe this is going in the right direction, until he follows it up with, "while I drive, you can give me road..." Well, at this point I'm thinking this guy has zero class or tact. I continue to let him stick his foot so far down his mouth to ensure that I am right, he makes numerous similar comments and we hang up. I take a few minutes to ponder my observations and send him a text to the number he called me from:

"Hi Bill, I had fun talking to you. But, I think I'm just not feeling it. I'm gonna have to cancel Wednesday. Good luck on your search."

I then block him from Tinder. A few minutes later I get a text from a completely different number:

Bill: "Hi it's Bill. I just went to send you a message and you disappeared from tinder."

Bill: "I hope I didn't get blocked. If you would like to chat more and meet weds let me know. If I did something wrong I apologize."

Eli: "I sent you a text to the other number"

Eli: "I had fun talking to you. But, I think I'm just not feeling it. I'm gonna have to cancel Wednesday. Good luck on your search!"

Bill: "Ok no worries. I have other options. Why were you not feeling it."

I didn't reply; a minute or so later

Bill: "I have cuter options that's why I am perplexed. You are a 6 and I usually date 8 or 9 so I am confused"

I don't reply, a few minutes later

Bill: "Later C*nt. Lose my number"

WOW I DODGED A BULLET...was the first thing I thought, second was "IT'S BUNCHC*NT MOTHER F*CKER!"

Don't you just love dating?

Your using the wrong app, its Tender not Tinder.
    Last edited by Stainless; 11-12-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    CH3NO2

Dodging Bullets

WHAT AN ASS!!! I'll say you dodged a BIG bullet! I sure don't miss dating!!! Good luck Eli... there are some good ones out there!
    Last edited by hbchgirl; 11-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

I think Grads should handle this MF'er, right up his alley! Sick'em Grads!
    CH3NO2

What a winner....... Good luck on your search!

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    WHAT AN ASS!!! I'll say you dodged a BIG bullet! I sure don't miss dating!!! Good luck Eli... there are some good ones there!
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    What a winner....... Good luck on your search!
    Thanks, but I think I need a lot more than luck

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Thanks, but I think I need a lot more than luck

Sent from my Bat Cave
    It sounds so cliche but it will eventually happen when the time/person is right.
    Kim and I met 5.5 years ago. We have made it when the cards were stacked against us and most people said we wont make it.
    She is a bit older than I am but we def compliment each other.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    It sounds so cliche but it will eventually happen when the time/person is right.
    Kim and I met 5.5 years ago. We have made it when the cards were stacked against us and most people said we wont make it.
    She is a bit older than I am but we def compliment each other.

I completely agree. I'm not bothered in the least bit by this guys attitude. I laughed for about 30 minutes before I caught my breath. I'm learning to follow my instincts and when I nailed it, not they way he wanted lol, I was thrilled! He validated the fact that I made the right decision.

Wendi
    Douchebag. What's his number we can all text him LOL!! You dodged a bullet for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Douchebag. What's his number we can all text him LOL!! You dodged a bullet for sure.
    I almost posted the text with his number

Sent from my Bat Cave