Thread: prop help

prop help

I;m building a donzi 20 hull 2900 lbs 383 motor 425 hp 450 touque 5400 rpm drive 1.61 what prop 25 26? thanks

What drive? Alpha 1. Guessing based on gear ratio. A 25 p or so prop is a decent place to start. How stuck are you with that gear ratio? I only ask because if you could switch to a 1:47 ratio you could run a lower pitch prop at the same speed. The lower pitch prop will have less leverage on the drive and allow it to live longer.

It is a volvo cobra drive the boat had a 21 pitch 305 motor 52 mph I;m thinking this 383 at 5400

I;t has volvo corba 21 pitch prop 305 52 mph so I guessing 383 gaining 100hp should spin a25or 26 I would like to start big so I load the motor then back up if I have to. I;m going to take your advise and look into ratio change. volvo has quick change gear ratio I.m putting drive shower on also. thanks also going from 3 blade 4.

I have a completely blueprinted and balanced 25 3 blade that I bought for my Donzi and never put it on the boat before I sold it. If you are interested let me know I'll make you a killer deal.....actually I have both a 23 & 25 that I never put on.....they won't work with my current boats and I just pulled them out of the closet today when I was doing some straightening up inthe garage.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    I have a completely blueprinted and balanced 25 3 blade that I bought for my Donzi and never put it on the boat before I sold it. If you are interested let me know I'll make you a killer deal.....actually I have both a 23 & 25 that I never put on.....they won't work with my current boats and I just pulled them out of the closet today when I was doing some straightening up inthe garage.

Paul
    Paul do know if it is 19 spline for volvo penta I;m interested in the 25 thanks clayton e mail clayton.ingmire@yahoo.com

let me know if the 25 is 19 spline for volvo penta e mail clayton.ingmire@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post

Paul
    paul prop needs to fit volvo penta 19 spline interested in your 25 pitch ,thanks clayton

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    paul prop needs to fit volvo penta 19 spline interested in your 25 pitch ,thanks clayton
    Mine are for
    Mercury drives.

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

paul is the 25 pitch a interchangeable hub clayton thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    paul is the 25 pitch a interchangeable hub clayton thanks
    They are down in the garage....I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know.