Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eliminator 28 Eagle

Ok here we go again. We are just getting started on a 28 foot eliminator eagle. As of now the boat is getting new gel coat and all the hardware will be redone. Hopefully as the project progresses the owner will decide to do a bit more. I really would like to re rig the engine compartment area and dash. The boat is currently painted and has had its fair share of abuse. I don't know how many engine and drive combinations have been in this boat but I can say it had a blower motor at one point. I will try to stay on top of posting pictures along the way instead of waiting until the end. If there is anything specific you would like to see just ask.
    Name:  083.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  57.8 KBName:  084.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  54.3 KBName:  085.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  57.4 KBName:  086.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  68.0 KBName:  087.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  62.0 KBName:  090.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  54.7 KB

WMC
    Great project for you. Don't let him not do the engine compartment

sent from WMC's phone

Great thread. Keep the progress pics coming. I would like to see a step by step progression of the re-gel. Also, how about more info on what is happening with the 240 Hallett in the background on the last pic?

Quote Originally Posted by kevnmcd View Post
    Great thread. Keep the progress pics coming. I would like to see a step by step progression of the re-gel. Also, how about more info on what is happening with the 240 Hallett in the background on the last pic?
    I will post as many pictures as I can. The boat in the background is a 22 howard magnum offshore. It sank years back and came in when it started leaking fuel. The tank had rotted out and was seeping fuel into the boat. We cut the tank out and glassed in a new one along with a completely new floor and two bulkheads.
    Name:  001.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  99.6 KBName:  067.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  63.2 KBName:  085.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  80.3 KBName:  086.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  77.8 KBName:  087.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  38.9 KB

Nice! you guys take on some serious projects!

The owner of this Eliminator must have got a smoking deal on it to be putting the money into it!

I can attest that this particular 28 was rode hard and put away wet but always handled all the hell that was thrown at it. A real testament to Eliminator's build quality. Can't wait to follow the progress.

Bump?.

Boat is completely stripped but the customer is in no big hurry. Had to move on to a few other projects. Probably have an update in a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanded off all the paint and found this. Actually a pretty nice gel coat scheme.

All the holes are now filled. Another day of sanding and it will be ready for color.

That is all fiberglass. There is not an ounce of bondo on this boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update....good times!