Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WMC View Post
    You just took all the wind out of Wendi's sail. Lol

sent from WMC's phone
    Lol! I hope not!

There are earlier Hot Boat mags than that 1st edition I posted. I'm not sure how they tie in but I have several. I also have issue 1 or powerboat and water skiing magazine. I've been collecting for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Wow yep you win LOL
    Don't give up so easily.

January 1984 can you top that?
    I wasn't even born yet! I guess I can't participate in this thread! Lol 😉. We do have a little collection from a friend of race boat and boat news magazines from the mid 70's, they look like newspapers, we love them.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

So for extra credit, what brand of boat is center boat on the cover of #1 HB, what the name of the boat and how it get that name.
    Shooter can't play because I know he knows.
    Add bonus points if you rode in the boat, observed in the boat, or skied behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    Lol! I hope not!

There are earlier Hot Boat mags than that 1st edition I posted. I'm not sure how they tie in but I have several. I also have issue 1 or powerboat and water skiing magazine. I've been collecting for decades.
    I've seen them from the 50's. Was supposed to pick up a box but Fireball got in the way. That's ok, I know who has them

I'll take a wild stab (I don't have the #1 issue of Hot Boat) at the boat on the cover -- it might be Norm Wilson's "Karon" ski race boat -- a Rayson Craft -- Norm was always a Hemi guy and liked Weber carbs. The "Karon" name came from his son (Ron) and daughter (Karen) -- and I don't remember if I rode in that one or not, but I did ride in his blue/whilte low profile Rayson he bought a year or two later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by Havasuing View Post
    I'll take a wild stab (I don't have the #1 issue of Hot Boat) at the boat on the cover -- it might be Norm Wilson's "Karon" ski race boat -- a Rayson Craft -- Norm was always a Hemi guy and liked Weber carbs. The "Karon" name came from his son (Ron) and daughter (Karen) -- and I don't remember if I rode in that one or not, but I did ride in his blue/whilte low profile Rayson he bought a year or two later.
    Yep. As for the bonus points, close enough. I never did any of those things in the blue one. Never even saw it. Only boat of Norm's I ever saw was that one.
    I did all 3 in one day at the Landing in Havasu, I thought I was king for a day.

hot boat has a magazine?