View Poll Results: Shootout versus Drag Boat Racing in Nor Cal

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.) Shootout (1/4 mile with classes and prize $)

4 26.67%
  • 2.) Drag Boat Racing ( Local Boats - Hosted by local sanctioning body )

3 20.00%
  • 3.) Combination of Both

8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    GRADS
    Ahhh so many questions.....

So Big Wake Weekend at Folsom is dead?

Is this going to be at Oroville? Only place that I know of that has camping and floating stages.

If you're going to do a shootout, which I would prefer, there is no way you're going to get the big names and big boat owners to "camp out". That's a little more jet boat style.

If you do a shootout why not try to revive something like the Bridge to Bridge on the Sac. river?

I take it the Hydroplanes are not going to be part of it this year?

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Ahhh so many questions.....

So Big Wake Weekend at Folsom is dead?

Is this going to be at Oroville? Only place that I know of that has camping and floating stages.

If you're going to do a shootout, which I would prefer, there is no way you're going to get the big names and big boat owners to "camp out". That's a little more jet boat style.

If you do a shootout why not try to revive something like the Bridge to Bridge on the Sac. river?

I take it the Hydroplanes are not going to be part of it this year?
    Thank you for the input, we need a few more weeks before we can reply to your inquiries. There are so many factors when it comes to promoting this type of event and even fewer venues available for many different reasons. We have a great foundation and a venue with lots of potential...stay tuned and thanks again...

Your avatar photo is outstanding btw :
    My preference as a spectator would be shootout. Drags kinda drag along sometimes plus you need near ideal conditions throughout.

From my POS T-mobile thingie
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

GRADS
    Any news?

Can't wait to get the details. I am happy to help out how ever you would like.

sent using Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

314 views and only 6 votes? C'mon people. This guy is asking for our feedback. Here's your opportunity to let him know what you would like to see. Your chance to carve the future vs coming back to this thread after the fact and complaining that you didn't get what you wanted LOL.

Please vote. Lets show him what we want. Thank you!

GRADS
    I voted, asked question and got zero answers.

I voted, asked question and got zero answers.
    Let's put up some more votes then we'll interrogate him

I voted...let me interrogate him

Looks like only 7 people have voted. We need more people. I'm surprised, usually this crowd has no problem telling us what they think. Come on peeps let's get moving!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Any news?
    We need a few more weeks before we announce the details. Right now we are in the process of negotiating with the venue to firm up the date and the partnership arrangement. Secondly we are compiling the demand (based on forum polls and input from the boating community along with our sponsors) to construct the competition side of the event weekend. Personally I would like to see a combination of "Wild West Shootout" and solid drag boat racing with a reputable sanctioning body. In addition maybe some PWC racing to lure in the younger demographic. We need to combing culture (vendors, games, activities, boat show) sport (boat racing) and entertainment ( good music good variety). We will need support from the various clubs and also need cooperation from the different boating categories with a willingness to play in the sand box together...Thank you again for the interest, please feel free to send a PM also...