View Poll Results: Shootout versus Drag Boat Racing in Nor Cal

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.) Shootout (1/4 mile with classes and prize $)

4 26.67%
  • 2.) Drag Boat Racing ( Local Boats - Hosted by local sanctioning body )

3 20.00%
  • 3.) Combination of Both

8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Shootout versus Drag Boat Racing in Nor Cal

Hi all,

I'm a seasoned promoter conducting an "interweb" unofficial poll. I've secure a cool venue for June (announcement coming in Mid December) with top tier entertainment on a floating stage, Camping, VIP Hospitality Area, Vendor Midway and general good times. My question is, is the demand higher for a good old fashioned "Shootout" with prize $$$ (thanks for the idea RW) or sanctioned drag racing? No jokes and I really appreciate all your constructive ideas and input, thanks...
    Last edited by 41Live!; 11-06-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 41Live! View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a seasoned promoter conducting an "interweb" unofficial poll. I've secure a cool venue for June (announcement coming in Mid December) with top tier entertainment on a floating stage, Camping, VIP Hospitality Area, Vendor Midway and general good times. My question is, is the demand higher for a good old fashioned "Shootout" with prize $$$ (thanks for the idea RW) or sanctioned drag racing? No jokes and I really appreciate you constructive ideas and input, thanks...
    Why not both?

WMC
    When you say shootout.... is it 1/4 mile run what you brung race? Welcome to Hotboat.com

Welcome 41Live! I don't recall being asked to entertain

Personally, I love a good shootout! But, the races are always so much fun too! As previously suggested is there an option to do both? Shootout on day 1 and races on days 2&3? That way you'll have a big turn out all three days.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

IMHO shootouts are more fun to watch......there is much less "Down Time" and more action. Don't get me wrong Drags are way cool and fun to watch but there is a lot of down time and with a shootout pretty much anyone can participate and have fun!!

WMC
    If it's a topspeed shootout I would say do both. This would bring big and small boats together that would increase the size of the event. Win Win

Are you a member of the Dave Matthews Band?

Welcome to www.hotboat.com Let us know if you would like a formal poll.

Quote Originally Posted by 41Live! View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a seasoned promoter conducting an "interweb" unofficial poll. I've secure a cool venue for June (announcement coming in Mid December) with top tier entertainment on a floating stage, Camping, VIP Hospitality Area, Vendor Midway and general good times. My question is, is the demand higher for a good old fashioned "Shootout" with prize $$$ (thanks for the idea RW) or sanctioned drag racing? No jokes and I really appreciate you constructive ideas and input, thanks...
    can you be more specific on what it is your planning to do?

Plans and details will be announced by Mid- December, we are ironing out the details now. Venue and date are secured, we want to wrap this in a nice package with a formal press conference...

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Why not both?
    Possible, just want to see what the demand is. Thank you for the reply...