Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

GRADS

New CannonBall Run record

I bet Richard Rawlings from Fast and Loud isn't too thrilled about it considering he's the old record holder and has a big tattoo that says 31:59.

These guys averaged 100 m.p.h. for 2800 miles.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/us/new...-speed-record/

Name:  cannon.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  71.7 KB

I read about this the other day, they only stopped for gas three times and never to take a dump, that car must have smell ripe when they got done.

Definitely the car to do that in, very stable and comfortable at 100 mph. Would love to make a run at it

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWorks View Post
    Definitely the car to do that in, very stable and comfortable at 100 mph. Would love to make a run at it
    Average.........

Sounds like they may have been running in dyno mode or had it rechipped, mine is supposed to shut off @ 155mph. I've had it to 130mph, felt the same as 55mph. Closing speeds are the issue to be concerned with.

GRADS
    I made it from my house (Roseville) to the boat show in downtown L.A. In 4 hours 45 minutes. I had a bet with Mrs. Daytona that I could drive there faster than she could check in, fly and catch a cab there. I had 3 beers down by the time she arrived. 2008 750LI.

I wonder how they managed only stopping for gas 3 times. How big is the gas tank on that car?

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    I read about this the other day, they only stopped for gas three times and never to take a dump, that car must have smell ripe when they got done.

Quote Originally Posted by RitcheyRch View Post
    I wonder how they managed only stopping for gas 3 times. How big is the gas tank on that car?
    The article said they added two 22 gallon addition tanks in the trunk, that thing was a rolling bomb if it would have gotten rear ended.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    The article said they added two 22 gallon addition tanks in the trunk, that thing was a rolling bomb if it would have gotten rear ended.
    I think I'd be more concerned having an extra 300lbs back there at speed. Maybe no big deal or maybe some real trouble, who knows.

GRADS
    I thought what was really interesting is that the car had 115,000 miles on it!