Thread: 28 Speedster

28 Speedster

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

GRADS
    From what I understand they did 174 mph. I had a 28 Daytona and I could not imagine doing 174 in it!

I saw them at Roosevelt this Summer, not sure if it was the weekend they hit 170. That were wearing Lifelines and headsets. Made a pass by the Raftup and it was easy to see they were North of 150 mph.

CH3NO2
    Last edited by Stainless; 11-01-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    CH3NO2

Sorry, I'm no the fence with some of these boating going so fast, I know I'll get burned here, but the boats are getting faster and faster and if you haven't noticed more people are getting hurt or killed here lately and I don't mean the guys who race them for a living, these are regular guys with big wallets and bigger egos, there I said, now with that said I think it's great and I love boating.

Joey,
    Sometimes makes you wonder why not have a license to tow a boat or drive one....

Going that fast would def back you butt pucker

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Sorry, I'm no the fence with some of these boating going so fast, I know I'll get burned here, but the boats are getting faster and faster and if you haven't noticed more people are getting hurt or killed here lately and I don't mean the guys who race them for a living, these are regular guys with big wallets and bigger egos, there I said, now with that said I think it's great and I love boating.
    Preface, I don't know this man or his skills, but I agree with you Joey. I'm envvious at the same time. 170 in a 28' boat takes a wheelbarrow to carry his stones!
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Preface, I don't know this man or his skills, but I agree with you Joey. I'm envvious at the same time. 170 in a 28' boat takes a wheelbarrow to carry his stones!
    Please don't anyone take my above post as specific to this boat or owner.....................it's was in reference to "all" boats that go in the upper 100s, lets face it, that's super fast and you don't have much time to react when something goes wrong, I think once you get over the 100mph mark and you're boating on a enclosed lake with lots of traffic it can very dangerous, especially during these poker/fun runs, sometimes they turn into a race and then it gets dangerous, we've all read, heard or seen it, safety is paramount in my book, JMO.

I can have one of these boats, don't want one, I'm more of a relaxed boater, but I love to watch them as long as their safe, we've been to all the shootouts and races at LOTO and they're a blast.

Always thought it was crazy that money could buy you that kind of speed. The guy that did this has balls of steal. He may be a great driver or a horrible one. I dont know.
    Best thing mercury ever did was require the tres martins class for anyone buying the 1350.