And, of course there's always photosmack... :dejection:

Great work!
    Connolly Marine
    High Performance Parts for your V-Drive or Jet Boat
    Order online @ www.ConnollyMarine.com
    Holley - MSD - Weiand - Berkeley - Casale - Mercruiser

X2
    RSCHAP1

Starting to get that Key West feeling...

Real nice pics...

Jay just curious how you do the background blurs? Slow shutter speed and pan motion?

Amazing skills bruddah!

So looking forward to Key West.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Jay just curious how you do the background blurs? Slow shutter speed and pan motion?

Amazing skills bruddah!

So looking forward to Key West.
    Thanks! The answer is both. Those 3 shots in post #21 are all photoshop. The 2 previous of the Skater and Mystic are done with a slow shutter speed- a method that only works if you are moving at roughly the same speed as your subject matter.

One additional way is panning- moving the camera in sync with your subject (hopefully) to blur the background.
    You gotta have a steady hand for this- I find that turning from the waist works best for me.

The filter used in photoshop is called motion blur (duh!) and it is adjustable. You can push it to extremes to make it look like the subject is screaming, or tone it back for a more realistic effect, which is what I usually prefer.
    But, often it's just the mood I'm in.

It's been very popular. Took some work to fine tune the technique so that it doesn't look fake. It really brings the boat out of the background.

And sometimes, just simply rotating the image can add some zing and make it more interesting.