Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by dragboatgirl View Post
    Great photos from the weekend at Finals in Chandler. Was great to be there.
    Welcome to hotboat.com! If you would like any of the high-res files, feel free to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    In Havasu there were concrete barriers between the water and the fans. Anyone below the concrete (like yours truly) had to be media, crew, etc and had to sign a waiver to be there. So in my opinion, it was perfectly safe for everyone. Especially the fans.

Firebird has a catch fence. And there was another 20' or so of barricaded real estate between the catch fence and spectators. Again, anyone inside the barriers and catch fence had to be waivered to be there. So again, in my opinion, perfectly safe for everyone especially the spectators.

Lucas has been doing this for a long time. They know what they need to do to keep the general public as safe as possible. I didn't feel in any danger whatsoever at either venue and I was below the spectator barriers both times.
    In 15 or so years I've only seen one boat/ parts come ashore, it was on the Brazos river in the 90's. There is a sea wall type structure and now there is a rock pile and sidewalk along the water. It's very rare, but ever since I always tell my loved ones that come to always stand up to watch the pro classes and know which way ya need to run if necessary. I still do it to this day. Tons of safety stuff implemented in the rules over the years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry I just had to bump this thread. I still can't believe I got this shot LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Sorry I just had to bump this thread. I still can't believe I got this shot LOL

It is a great shot! You've got some mad skills!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    It is a great shot! You've got some mad skills!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Thank you, but that's a 5% skill and 95% luck shot