Thread: SCE Heli Pilot

SCE Heli Pilot

Right now So Cal Edison is hiring heli pilots, go to edisonjobs.com then follow the links until you find "jobs at Southern California Edison." Sorry Gothalos, I don't think that the quad copter counts :/

Based in Chino

From Edisonjobs.com

"Qualifications
    Bachelor Degree in applicable profession, business, or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.

Must have minimum of 3000 total flight hours as a helicopter Pilot in Command.

Must have minimum of 250 flight hours as a helicopter Pilot in Command in elevations above 5,000 feet.

Typically possess a minimum of 300 flight hours of helicopter external load experience.

Must have utility related flight experience.

Must have current Class II FAA Medical certificate.

Must have a valid RW commercial license with instrument rating or a valid RWATP.

Must have experience as a Pilot in Command in one or more of the following helicopters: AS350, MD 500, EC 135, and/or Bell 205.

Must have a valid Driver’s License.

Demonstrated experience with frequent decision making that has major impact on lives, including significant operational and financial impact.

Demonstrated experience providing support to customer base.

Demonstrated experience researching flight details for assigned missions (including weather conditions from point of departure, along the route, and point of arrival, and any restricted flight areas), review scored risk mitigation assessment, including performance planning, and perform pre-flight inspection of aircraft.

Demonstrated experience conducting assigned routine missions in aircraft, including line patrols, passenger transport, photo flights, positioning flights, external loads, and other missions while complying with all applicable federal and state aviation regulations.

Demonstrated experience in all flight-related disciplines as well as the ground support discipline in conjunction with certain flight assignments.

Demonstrated ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.

Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.

Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.

Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.

Preferred Qualifications
    Current Class I FAA Medical certificate within the last year

Comments
    Testing will be required as part of the selection process for this position.
    Position will be based in Chino, CA. Relocation assistance may be offered.
    Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship."

Yeah but will they get a 25% discount on their electric bill??

LOL, good to see you around these parts loc.

I've recently seen these talented pilots in action putting up new lines in Chino and Chino Hills...

They're badasses 🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done a lot of work at their facility in Chino. They have a really nice set up. They do a lot of help with fire fighters too during the fire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk