Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Nice build, what a bunch of history in this boat!.... You gotta put some kind of flag (in remembrance) on it someplace..... that would be cool!

1 stupid question.... why on these 'complete rebuilds' dont they do the bottom first and then flip and do all the nice stuff inside afterwards?...
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    Nice build, what a bunch of history in this boat!.... You gotta put some kind of flag (in remembrance) on it someplace..... that would be cool!

1 stupid question.... why on these 'complete rebuilds' dont they do the bottom first and then flip and do all the nice stuff inside afterwards?...
    thank u... i do plan on doing a flag on it agin, we did the inside work first then the bottom work after, im not sure if the order would make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I'm at the top of the list of those anxious to see you finish this thing Greg. I think Bob Long picked up the black America 2 from Phil Stocks shop several years ago. That boat would be another cool project to be resurrected.
    thank u sir. i cant wait to get it done so i can get my ski ride behind it, ya i wonder what he is going to do with it? i wonder if he knows im rebuilding the white one?

Holy cra#, buy a boat and find out it has a great pedigree...congrats. Looking good, will be nice to see this back on the water.

more progress
    Attached Images Attached Images                           

It all looks like junk I will give you $25.00 and a pack of big chew!!

the last pics are a bit out of order but im sure every gets it, here is some more

Looks great Greg!! Looks like you could be on the water fairly soon!!!

Just a point that you probably already know, but just in case you don't... The prop forms a suction up against the blast plate potentially warping it into strange shapes which can be anything but the desired "flat". The fix is to either use stainless instead of aluminum or secure it like this. Just putting it out there both for performance and safety in the unlikely chance you weren't aware. It's been a while coming and a lot of us are chomping at the bit to see you on the water enjoying this thing.

picked up a former Tom Buckles superstock motor from my buddy Scott Monrow

WESTERNAERO
    Looking good!!