Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I always enjoy reading lawyer memos when they're not directed at me.
    Lol.

board member discounts available

www.dynamicairservices.com

Use the code "hotboat" for a 15% discount
    For Lucas oil products visit......www.mysinthetix.com

Nice job Kap.

Kap, thank you for taking the time to write and post this. It is certainly appreciated and welcomed here.

I'll expand on this a little later. Right now I need to close up a little deal. Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I always enjoy reading lawyer memos when they're not directed at me.
    Well I did not include Exhibits for this memo or photographs of the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by YoPengo View Post
    Nice job Kap.
    Thanks YoPengo! I enjoy doing a post event review. Hopefully people read it and share the experience albeit it would be better with photos and videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Kap, thank you for taking the time to write and post this. It is certainly appreciated and welcomed here.

I'll expand on this a little later. Right now I need to close up a little deal. Thanks again!!
    No Thanks, necessary! The volunteers and organizers of events do far more than people give them credit for!
    Last edited by KAP; 10-29-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post

No Thanks, necessary! The volunteers and organizers of events do far more than people give them credit for!
    Kap you touched on something I think deserves a little more discussion.

One of the things people don't realize is the tremendous about of work that is done by volunteers. Not to mention the endless hours of work the racers themselves put in. People get caught up in the politics of a race, or the who did this or who did that, and they forget about the dozens and dozens of people who worked their hind ends off to make a race like this happen. The last thing anyone should do is overshadow the efforts of these volunteers with politics, hearsay, and drama. The politics and inner-workings of an event like this should remain transparent to the fans, volunteers, and to an extent the racers.

To be honest, we don't want to hear about it. We want a good show and the best bang for our buck. What happens behind closed doors is none of our business, unless we choose to be involved. 99.9% of us don't choose to be involved in the administrative/political side, so we should be spared 99.9% of the drama.

I can't tell you the last time I heard drama about a NASCAR or NHRA race. All I know is I buy my ticket, show up, and watch some bad ass machines fly down the track. That's really all we care about for the most part.

So my hat is off to the numerous volunteers who make a race like this possible. Without the racers, their crew, families, supporters, and volunteers, a race like this (no matter who puts it together) would not be possible.

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Kap you touched on something I think deserves a little more discussion.

One of the things people don't realize is the tremendous about of work that is done by volunteers. Not to mention the endless hours of work the racers themselves put in. People get caught up in the politics of a race, or the who did this or who did that, and they forget about the dozens and dozens of people who worked their hind ends off to make a race like this happen. The last thing anyone should do is overshadow the efforts of these volunteers with politics, hearsay, and drama. The politics and inner-workings of an event like this should remain transparent to the fans, volunteers, and to an extent the racers.

To be honest, we don't want to hear about it. We want a good show and the best bang for our buck. What happens behind closed doors is none of our business, unless we choose to be involved. 99.9% of us don't choose to be involved in the administrative/political side, so we should be spared 99.9% of the drama.

I can't tell you the last time I heard drama about a NASCAR or NHRA race. All I know is I buy my ticket, show up, and watch some bad ass machines fly down the track. That's really all we care about for the most part.

So my hat is off to the numerous volunteers who make a race like this possible. Without the racers, their crew, families, supporters, and volunteers, a race like this (no matter who puts it together) would not be possible.

Thank you!!
    Extremely well said! I agree completely with your theory. Using NHRA as an example, when I was involved there was, of course tons of drama behind the scenes. However, that's where it stayed...BEHIND the scenes! We as professional racers knew that at the end of the day we were there to put on a show for the FANS as they are the ones ultimately paying for us to be there. Anyone that puts forth the time, effort and resources it takes to race any form of motorsport is obviously passionate about what they do, they have to be. However, the ones that bitch and moan about things they will never have control over can detract from the fan experience if their rants fall on the ears of a casual fan. There is a time and a place for such things.
    I know nothing about the race of this topic, but after reading the rants and gripings, what on earth would make me want to attend such an event? If I didn't have the experience of considering such a source and taking everything on the Internet with a huge grain of salt, I would not consider this race.
    I suspect others would feel the same way.
    So many boats...so little time.

I was a volunteer, have done it in years past and had a great time. As a patrol/tow boat, where else can you sit on the river right up next to the action and help out. It is the best place to view the race and add a little back to the history of the river. It was fun.

Plus I received a compliment from the people at Mitch's dock, "fastest plastic boat on the river"....
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 10-29-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Name:  p336-17-8804.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  61.5 KBmy message is too short

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite View Post
    I was a volunteer, have done it in years past and had a great time. As a patrol/tow boat, where else can you sit on the river right up next to the action and help out. It is the best place to view the race and add a little back to the history of the river. It was fun.

Plus I received a compliment from the people at Mitch's dock, "fastest plastic boat on the river"....
    We were at mitches dock good job out there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite View Post

Welcome to www.hotboat.com !