Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Enduro pics

Can someone enlighten me as to why in a couple of the pics, boats # 512 and # 702 have observers and in others do not ?

Thanks for all the great pics !!

I must say, Hotboat.com is a real classy operation and a nice place to visit --- Thanks for that too

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Taboma View Post
    Can someone enlighten me as to why in a couple of the pics, boats # 512 and # 702 have observers and in others do not ?

I must say, Hotboat.com is a real classy operation and a nice place to visit --- Thanks for that too
    Welcome Taboma to our site.

Thank you Wendi

Funny, I've been wearing the hotboat.com t-shirts you sent me for almost a year, finally getting some time to stop by and hang out a bit.

Place has a nice feel to it

That's an optional thing, both of those boats get run in water ski races and the 2nd person probably does more good balancing the boat to make it worthwhile adding the extra weight. One of the other boats (321) had an approximate 200 lb steel plate bolted in where the "observer" seat would normally be to keep it running level. It you look, many of the purpose build enduro boats may have the driver's seat centered in the boat.

Makes sense considering the boat / hull type, perhaps on some laps they were running with a lighter driver and didn't feel the need to add the extra weight ?
    Interesting info about adding the 200 lb plate.
    Thanks

Wendi
    Thank you Wendi

Funny, I've been wearing the hotboat.com t-shirts you sent me for almost a year, finally getting some time to stop by and hang out a bit.

Place has a nice feel to it
    Glad you are wearing your hotboat shirts!! Thanks for the nice compliments. Glad you stopped by. Do yourself a favor stay out of the Negativity thread, it's useless.

Makes sense considering the boat / hull type, perhaps on some laps they were running with a lighter driver and didn't feel the need to add the extra weight ?
    Interesting info about adding the 200 lb plate.
    Thanks
    Basically the bottom of the boat is a pad design. When on the pad the boat has the ability to take a better set and be faster, even with the added weight. These boats move around a lot, as OB001 has said, it helps balance the boat and keep it on the pad.

Thanks
    I just think Jim (in the 512 boat) didn't want anyone telling him how to drive(kidding, Jim and I are friends)! I do have one photo somewhere of his boat "laying over" from a swell.

The boys are good friends and likely did it for fun as much as anything else, but I don't have personal knowledge of the handling of that Hallett. In the past I think the race has included a "ski race boat" class that required two people in the boat, never read the final rules this year.

But have you been using the beer huggie, I've almost worn mine out and it's only two months old, lol..........................nice pics.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    I just think Jim (in the 512 boat) didn't want anyone telling him how to drive(kidding, Jim and I are friends)! I do have one photo somewhere of his boat "laying over" from a swell.

The boys are good friends and likely did it for fun as much as anything else, but I don't have personal knowledge of the handling of that Hallett. In the past I think the race has included a "ski race boat" class that required two people in the boat, never read the final rules this year.
    This year Div4 was the ski race class. Rules per the NSWRA rule book. Passenger optional.