Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Took the 10' Mini boat into the ocean yesterday

Last week I picked up a little mini boat with a 40HP Nissan Outboard. Islander marine has my mini 10' schiada that they are fixing up. My plan was to put a waverunner motor in my schiada, but I just don't have enough time to go through with that project. So, I am going to put motor and rigging from this boat into my mini schiada

Kinda of a trippy story with how I bought this mini boat. It was located in Chino. I live near LAX. So last week I cruised out there to check out and buy this mini. Turns out the guy that I bought it off of, is my cousins cousin. I haven't seen him in years, but he looked familiar and then with a few clues, it all came together.

Anyways, I went down to Marina Del Rey yesterday with the mini. Launched it, fired it up, and started putting around the Marina.

Well.... I got kind of sick putting around and wanted to see what she could do. So I started heading toward the breakwall.

I almost forgot to mention, my cousin's cousin who put the boat together, installed the steering backward. When I turn left, the boat goes right, when I turn right the boat goes left. It was a little tricky at first, but I got the hang of it.

As I get close to the end of the breakwall, All I saw was pretty good size swells. I would have put a life jackets on us, if I had any in the boat.... So I did what any right minded person would do. I hit the F'n gas!

The nissan has a tiny aluminum prop on it. Sucked getting out of the hull. I had to stand up and lean forward to get it on plane. Once on plane, she shot like a rocket.

There is more video that I will try to get out of the girl I was with. Too much fun aiming straight for the swells, hitting the top and cruising down in a 10' boat. Probably not the smartest idea I have had, but well worth the risk

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Wendi
    You are a crazy nut!! Lol just kidding. Congrats on the new mini boat purchase. When are you taking it to Parker?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    You are a crazy nut!! Lol just kidding. Congrats on the new mini boat purchase. When are you taking it to Parker?
    Well, If Islander knocks my boat out pretty quickly, then I will do the conversion in a weekend or two and then take it out to Parker. If I don't get the 10' schiada back anytime soon, then I will take this mini out turkey weekend.

I really had a blast cruisin the boat around the marina. At this point, It's fun just keeping the boat together and crusing the ocean on a sat or sun when I'm in town

Thats crazy, so did you take it past the break water?
    Good thing you dont get sea sick lol looks like a rough ride

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Thats crazy, so did you take it past the break water?
    Good thing you dont get sea sick lol looks like a rough ride
    Yup, the sail boats you see are anchored out in open water. The video really doesn't show the swells that well. I made 4 big passes. Each time we would get on plane right inside the breakwall and head into open water. Make a loop around the sail boats, then haul ass back to the breakwall. The craziest part of the whole thing was making the turn to get back to the breakwall. Felt like the swells were going take the boat sideways. If it broke down, I 100% it would have sank. I was a few hundred yards from the shore, so It would have been a interesting little swim

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by rivergames View Post
    Last week I picked up a little mini boat with a 40HP Nissan Outboard. Islander marine has my mini 10' schiada that they are fixing up. My plan was to put a waverunner motor in my schiada, but I just don't have enough time to go through with that project. So, I am going to put motor and rigging from this boat into my mini schiada

Kinda of a trippy story with how I bought this mini boat. It was located in Chino. I live near LAX. So last week I cruised out there to check out and buy this mini. Turns out the guy that I bought it off of, is my cousins cousin. I haven't seen him in years, but he looked familiar and then with a few clues, it all came together.

Anyways, I went down to Marina Del Rey yesterday with the mini. Launched it, fired it up, and started putting around the Marina.

Well.... I got kind of sick putting around and wanted to see what she could do. So I started heading toward the breakwall.

I almost forgot to mention, my cousin's cousin who put the boat together, installed the steering backward. When I turn left, the boat goes right, when I turn right the boat goes left. It was a little tricky at first, but I got the hang of it.

As I get close to the end of the breakwall, All I saw was pretty good size swells. I would have put a life jackets on us, if I had any in the boat.... So I did what any right minded person would do. I hit the F'n gas!

The nissan has a tiny aluminum prop on it. Sucked getting out of the hull. I had to stand up and lean forward to get it on plane. Once on plane, she shot like a rocket.

There is more video that I will try to get out of the girl I was with. Too much fun aiming straight for the swells, hitting the top and cruising down in a 10' boat. Probably not the smartest idea I have had, but well worth the risk

That is bad ass!!!!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

Looks like something I would do, nice video.

I envy your boating style down in Florida.

One day when I have a bigger boat capable of handling the ocean, I will tow that summa bitch down to Florida for a week and cruise around