Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Resizing SUX!!

Well hell, I've never had a problem so lets see if I can fuck it up now.

This is the original pic. 7.27MB
    Name:  DSC_5678.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  158.8 KB
    This is the same pic resized before upload. 553KB
    Name:  sw29.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  553.9 KB

Well son of a bitch, they are the same LOL

Except the second one uploaded a shit pot faster. Even on T1 the first one took a few seconds.

I dont see a problem. But what do I know, I just pay the bills around here

Here's how I resize most of the time unless I'm dicking around in Photoshop, then its a little different. But this works well and its pretty fast.

I use Microsoft Office to resize and fix up quick pics. My originals are usually larger than 6-8MB. Raw is even larger, 10-12MB. Always faster to resize if you're uploading more than a few pics.
    Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  27.5 KB
    Simply click on resize
    Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  28.4 KB
    I've been using this format and it seems to work well. File size is around 500-550K
    Name:  Capture3.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  27.6 KB

THis works well for me.

Wendi
    Friends helping friends

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    This is the perfect size for viewing and is optimal as a screen saver up to a 30" monitor. What size was the original photo and how long did it take to upload it to the site?

What I'm seeing is 140 KB, did you resize to the maximum allowable pixels prior to upload or load a large file and let the site do the work?
    I did not resize this picture on my end, so any re-sizing was done by the site when it was uploaded. It only took about 5-6 seconds to upload. My internet download speed is 30 Megs. I don't know off the top of my head what my upload speed is, but I think it is around 20 Megs. You can test your speed at several sites. I use SpeakEasy dot net, then select the server location that is closest to you (I use San Francisco).

There is an app for that, jk.

THere is a plug in. i think the site should have to resize pictures, i had to do it on the offishial site, it makes life so much easier for the end user. set the sizes and it does the rest...
    Fishing, Hunting & Outdoors its part of life!
    OffishialBusiness.com

Optimum image settings for photos
    Name:  picturesize.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  104.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Maybe you need to upgrade to a faster ISP, are you still using a computer from the dark ages??
    I was born in the dark ages so it would stand to reason that my camera and computer are ancient.

Where do I buy a faster "ISP", what does it look like? Does Walmart carry ISP's?

submariner
    thats pretty funny

submariner

Need 2 posts to meet requirement for voting

Need 2 posts to meet requirement for voting