Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Wine Lovers

If you liked the Artemis try their FAY.

The CSJ CS was WS #1 wine a few years back, ever since then the prices are crazy.

Attachment 47116

This will go great with my dinner.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Cakebread is all time fav. Hard to go wrong with a few others here. Waiting for a good excuse to break into the Opus One.

Name:  wine 001.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  91.3 KB
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    Cakebread is all time fav. Hard to go wrong with a few others here. Waiting for a good excuse to break into the Opus One.

Name:  wine 001.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  91.3 KB
    Are you a Mondavi wine club member? The Opus one isn't all that great.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Are you a Mondavi wine club member? The Opus one isn't all that great.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I've had one of the same year and it was amazing... it's a $400 bottle of wine, and was a gift. I hit Napa before, and my brother is in the wine and spirits biz, so I get some insider tips. Nothing below the Mondavi reserve has ever done much for me, but their vineyard tour is amazing if you want to spend the time and get to taste the grapes and see how it all starts.

I've had one of the same year and it was amazing... it's a $400 bottle of wine, and was a gift. I hit Napa before, and my brother is in the wine and spirits biz, so I get some insider tips. Nothing below the Mondavi reserve has ever done much for me, but their vineyard tour is amazing if you want to spend the time and get to taste the grapes and see how it all starts.
    My wine frig is almost filled with Mondavi reserve bottles 😱 I went there bc I love the wine and fell in love even more. Have you tried their Cabernet from Carneros? It's the best Cabernet, I've ever had. And their Pinot Noir from Carneros Reserve. I have a few bottles of the 2010 left. My favorite wine club membership by far.

I don't know much about Opus One, I've had it and wasn't too impressed, I think Mondavi reserve is way better. But, If me memory serves me right, Mondavi was a co-founder of Opus One. Owned by Constellation now?

Sent from my Bat Cave

My wine frig is almost filled with Mondavi reserve bottles �� I went there bc I love the wine and fell in love even more. Have you tried their Cabernet from Carneros? It's the best Cabernet, I've ever had. And their Pinot Noir from Carneros Reserve. I have a few bottles of the 2010 left. My favorite wine club membership by far.

I don't know much about Opus One, I've had it and wasn't too impressed, I think Mondavi reserve is way better. But, If me memory serves me right, Mondavi was a co-founder of Opus One. Owned by Constellation now?

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I went to Mondavi because it was pretty much the first vineyard that you come to on the left hand side of the road. I could take it or leave it. I know there is all kinds of politics involved with pretty much every vineyard up there as to who started with who, who's grapes are going into what, and who took which blend from who. At the end of the day, it's way too much to try and keep up with. Got my sister from another mother in Napa who swears by pretty much anything from Duckhorn. To me, Mondavi is way too safe of a choice for all the other options in that realm.

Oh, and yes, Mondavi was the key in Opus One. Haven't followed it much beyond that.

Coppola was a great looking vineyard with a very impressive entrance and grounds. Nicolas Cage's uncle by the way, with lots of great memorabilia upstairs. The wine? Didn't really do it for me.

Cakebread has my vote all across the board. They have the Dancing Bear Ranch Reserve that is amazing as well. If I'm cracking open a bottle I'd like to enjoy it. Had a crazy high maintenance girl who would knock back $400 in wine at dinner with a few friends and not think about it. After the first bottle, throttle it back a bit.
    Last edited by jordy; 10-11-2014 at 12:15 AM.

I went to Mondavi because it was pretty much the first vineyard that you come to on the left hand side of the road. I could take it or leave it. I know there is all kinds of politics involved with pretty much every vineyard up there as to who started with who, who's grapes are going into what, and who took which blend from who. At the end of the day, it's way too much to try and keep up with. Got my sister from another mother in Napa who swears by pretty much anything from Duckhorn. To me, Mondavi is way too safe of a choice for all the other options in that realm.

Cakebread has my vote all across the board. They have the Dancing Bear Ranch Reserve that is amazing as well. If I'm cracking open a bottle I'd like to enjoy it. Had a crazy high maintenance girl who would knock back $400 in wine at dinner with a few friends and not think about it. After the first bottle, throttle it back a bit.
    I hate politics...it does nothing for my pallet lol

AFTER the first bottle?? I'm down for a 10 count. Cheep date over here. Lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

I hate politics...it does nothing for my pallet lol

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Was speaking more to the politics of the vineyards and who's fucking whom... not in the DC sense of it. Everyone up there was the first to perfect anything they ever did. Funny stuff actually.

Was speaking more to the politics of the vineyards and who's fucking whom... not in the DC sense of it. Everyone up there was the first to perfect anything they ever did. Funny stuff actually.
    Yea, um...I got that lol

I hate all types of politics. Specially, the ones that get in the way of my wine.

Sent from my Bat Cave