Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Good to hear that all is well, now go get a job and buy a Boat!
    The job is on the table, the boat is close behind .

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    The job is on the table, the boat is close behind .
    You'll have a better time at the river on vacation than you would living here full time, trust me on this one.

It's really hard to beat a 45 day vacation after working hard all month!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    You'll have a better time at the river on vacation than you would living here full time, trust me on this one.

It's really hard to beat a 45 day vacation after working hard all month!
    I'm sure , I was done with Havasu anyways, wasn't planning on living up here though. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball. Looks like I'll be back in so cal when I'm done with everything here.

See you soon wheeler !

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    Ron,, just spotted this thread,, try to stick with a Chevy,, and as we had discussed long ago, a flat bottom boat is not the best for weekend use. With the economy still bad, keep your eyes open for a V bottom boat. If you are patient and have money waiting someone will get hungry this winter and sell something too cheap.
    Thanks, I figure I've held out this long, I'm going to wait for something I really like before I pull the trigger. When I do make the purchase I would like it to be a boat I can keep forever, I regretted selling my first car, don't want to make the same mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    I vote 20-21' vdrive cruiser. I think you would have a blast running the strip with you're friends.

Flattys are for people that just like to buy mothers polish and bench race from the shore....sorry sharpshooter
    LOL, my kidneys are young.

Which part ? I thought I'd try to contribute !

Didn't read the whole thread . Looks like Ron is looking for a v-drive ?

Forgive me I'm sober posting, I'm may be a little confused :p

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    LOL, my kidneys are young.
    Don't listen to Cold Pickle or plastic hammer, they are fragile little girls that don't know what they're talking about.

A flat is where it's at!

Name:  scummer - Copy.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  152.6 KB

Name:  SanAnstitched - Copy.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  58.9 KB
    Last edited by Sharp shooter; 11-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Ron, next time to the river as you cross the bridge there is a building on the left, Drag Boats Unlimited, they have a Howard v ddrive and bottom, needs work and some parts but you could make it your own and would be a good rriver boat with whatever power you wanted to run.........

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    I vote 20-21' vdrive cruiser. I think you would have a blast running the strip with you're friends.

Flattys are for people that just like to buy mothers polish and bench race from the shore....sorry sharpshooter
    Which part ? I thought I'd try to contribute !

Didn't read the whole thread . Looks like Ron is looking for a v-drive ?

Forgive me I'm sober posting, I'm may be a little confused :p
    Quote Originally Posted by rioracr View Post
    Ron, next time to the river as you cross the bridge there is a building on the left, Drag Boats Unlimited, they have a Howard v ddrive and bottom, needs work and some parts but you could make it your own and would be a good rriver boat with whatever power you wanted to run.........
    Will give it a look over Thanksgiving break, thanks.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Leaning toward a flat.
    I may know of a chebby powered Hallet Vdrive cruiser that is going to become available out yonder... I will try to check the status and let U know if U wish...

I personally like the 385 series (429/460) fords as a work horse but finding the parts to bolt one in an UNpowerd hull is going to be a challenge and require some fab work by someone... Ask me how I know...

I would look for the HULL you want, in the CONDITION you are looking for, with the UPDATES/hardware you are comfortable with (Vdrive/prop release/strut/shaft/etc....) and then decide based on that rather than just deciding mainly on the engine...

The early ford FEs are great/stout...

Just finding all of the hardware to bolt in a ford OR do a conversion is a challenge... The chebby parts are everywhere apparently, I know that I have a set not in use and I'm not a chebby guy in the least...

Odds are that what you find will be a chebby, and like others have said, thhey are the least expensive so I'm told...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 11-21-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I may know of a chebby powered Hallet Vdrive cruiser that is going to become available out yonder... I will try to check the status and let U know if U wish...

I personally like the 385 series (429/460) fords as a work horse but finding the parts to bolt one in an UNpowerd hull is going to be a challenge and require some fab work by someone... Ask me how I know...

I would look for the HULL you want, in the CONDITION you are looking for, with the UPDATES/hardware you are comfortable with (Vdrive/prop release/strut/shaft/etc....) and then decide based on that rather than just deciding mainly on the engine...

The early ford FEs are great/stout...

Just finding all of the hardware to bolt in a ford OR do a conversion is a challenge... The chebby parts are everywhere apparently, I know that I have a set not in use and I'm not a chebby guy in the least...

Odds are that what you find will be a chebby, and like others have said, thhey are the least expensive so I'm told...
    Thank you for the info

I'm really not opposed to that idea either, but then again I haven't come across many engines for sale.

It seems like they're aren't a ton of boats on the market right now?