Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker 300

Parker 300

Well is anyone going to this event???

I was thinking of going but still undecided although I am pretty sure I'm going?

Also wondering if Hotboat is going to cover it... or do they want me to do cameo coverage.

I would like to attend and check out what hulls and power racers are running. New things always generate anxiety and fear but hopefully it will be a great event.

I would like to bring my boat and thereafter go up to Havasu and boat.

Any thoughts ???

KAP

Wendi
    You mean Parker 336?? Unfortuantely WMC and Wendi can't make it, not sure about Mr. & Mrs. Hotboat. If you could do a cameo coverage we would certainly appreciate it!!! Have Fun!

Does that mean I get Mr. Hotboat's camera or am I relegated to the I-Phone imagery!

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    Does that mean I get Mr. Hotboat's camera or am I relegated to the I-Phone imagery!
    Haha that is up to Mr. HB....

lol. Hey Kap we're sitting this one out for a couple reasons. Mainly because we desperately need a break. But also because its a somewhat awkward situation. Hopefully its pretty evident that we, hotboat.com, support boating and the racers. And it pains us greatly not to participate in this event. However, this particular race is being promoted and organized by RDP. I look at it this way, Channel 9 is hosting and promoting a race event, and we're Channel 5. Honestly I don't think we'd get the cold shoulder if we attended, many of the people who will be attending are our friends, but it would definitely be awkward. Now if our members would like to post up pics etc of the event, I have absolutely no problem with that and welcome the coverage. It's kind of a strange situation as far as performance boating sites are concerned. Typically when we attend these events we pass out freebies and do our best to not only cover the event, but promote our site. I would never do that in this situation, nor do I believe I would be welcome to do that. So its probably best we sit this one out. I hope everyone understands our position.

Hi Mr. HB:

I did not see any mention on HB so I thought I would post a thread on the topic.

The sponsorship is noted and completely understood. As a person who presents multiple sides to an argument I would say your channel analogy is not quite on point...LOL. Channel 9 can sponsor something but other TV stations can cover an event...LOL.

Seriously, I completely understand your position and it is a noble one.

Now to the question at hand how do I get my hands on that bad azz camera you have? Just kidding I would not want to carry that giant optic all day. I would have to reserve a seat in the boat for it....laughing.

I'm will be going and check it out as a spectator maybe even do a review on it. However, as a spectator the review would be brief versus the ones I normally do as a participant. Then again I would love to participate because sitting and watching is not my style.

Wondering how many people will be attending. The other site has not released names of the racers because of possible retaliation for attending an event. Shaking my head sounds very 3rd grade if people resort to that type of tactic...certainly wouldn't work with me.

I also would like to see the purse monies to be paid out in each class. That alone is a motivator for many to participate as well as what it costs to put a boat in the water. [Namely, registration fees and APBA monies...etc.]

It would be interesting to hear from members what their thoughts are on the event.

KAP

I'm glad you brought it up. I was thinking about this the other day. But I think I was pretty close on the channel 9 & 5 analogy. I'd call Oso Channel 7 and PB channel 4 I dunno, maybe we're closer to a channel 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I dunno, maybe we're closer to a channel 52
    Need more low cut tops then.......

Well is anyone going to this event???

I was thinking of going but still undecided although I am pretty sure I'm going?

Also wondering if Hotboat is going to cover it... or do they want me to do cameo coverage.

I would like to attend and check out what hulls and power racers are running. New things always generate anxiety and fear but hopefully it will be a great event.

I would like to bring my boat and thereafter go up to Havasu and boat.

Any thoughts ???

KAP
    We won't be going this year... have a family wedding. Hopefully, KAP and others will post pics here!
    Last edited by hbchgirl; 10-17-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Saving my gas money for Monster Bash the next weekend

Wondering how many people will be attending. The other site has not released names of the racers because of possible retaliation for attending an event. Shaking my head sounds very 3rd grade if people resort to that type of tactic...certainly wouldn't work with me.

KAP
    Are you kidding me?