Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker 300

Quote Originally Posted by bb88 View Post
    No I am not a racer. Why should you or I not be able to pass judgment as fans of the sport? Are you not aware that sports are profitable because of the fans that follow them, not the participants. Sponsorship is certainly not geared towards advertising to the participants of the sport. Its for the fans. Why didn't you cover it? Does ABC not cover the World Series presented by FOX? The improvements are needed at the root level. The legends and new comers need to be all in, together.
    So you don't actually race a boat to preserve the sport for your kid, but YOU think that others should dump 5000.00 plus to run this race just to save it for your kid, and those that don't SUCK! Wouldn't YOU fall under that description for somebody else's kid? Why did YOU put a boat out there for my neighbor's kid. These guys owe to your or anybody else's kid to spend that kind of money to entertain your ass? They are making a living at this like baseball and football players.
    You get a liitle sick hearing from the "crowd" how you suck if you don't run this race.
    Be thankful and grateful for the ones that did run the race, and stop bitching about those that didn't, OR GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE!!

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    So you don't actually race a boat to preserve the sport for your kid, but YOU think that others should dump 5000.00 plus to run this race just to save it for your kid, and those that don't SUCK! Wouldn't YOU fall under that description for somebody else's kid? Why did YOU put a boat out there for my neighbor's kid. These guys owe to your or anybody else's kid to spend that kind of money to entertain your ass? They are making a living at this like baseball and football players.
    You get a liitle sick hearing from the "crowd" how you suck if you don't run this race.
    Be thankful and grateful for the ones that did run the race, and stop bitching about those that didn't, OR GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE!!
    So let me get this straight, I am a fan of a failing NHL. so according to your theory I should grab some skates and a stick. What part of " I am a fan" don't you get?

So let me get this straight, I am a fan of a failing NHL. so according to your theory I should grab some skates and a stick. What part of " I am a fan" don't you get?
    Only if you want the right to BITCH about those that are out there. Remember, the fans and the sponsors SUPPORT, feed, cloth and house those people. They aren't spending thousands as year for your kids entertainment. So what exactly is your bitch about those that didn't live up to your expectations? They didn't spend enough money for your entertainment?

What to see the NHL REALLY fail? Tell them they have to spend 50,000 a year for your fucking entertainment. Guarantee it fails, I don't care how much coverage it gets.

boat racers race for themselves. fans dont pay for tickets and add to the prize money, we dont sell shirts or make money from being popular. its a weekend warrior sport as far as races like 300 goes. so why the hell would we care about the fans? sure a 12 mile course had 1/2 the traffic and was less entertaining for the fans, but from someone who drove in it, it was exponentially more fun, less traffic, smoother water, longer course to add to the driving experience, safer conditions for the racers, it was sick! so when fans bitch it doenst really matter because if the shores were packed or empty it doesnt matter to the racers.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    5k to run this race. That made me lol. BTW Did you get your ass out there. Didn't think so. No I did not make it this year but my friends that I talked to that did attend told me they had a awesome time and can not wait for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by white tortilla View Post
    boat racers race for themselves. fans dont pay for tickets and add to the prize money, we dont sell shirts or make money from being popular. its a weekend warrior sport as far as races like 300 goes. so why the hell would we care about the fans? sure a 12 mile course had 1/2 the traffic and was less entertaining for the fans, but from someone who drove in it, it was exponentially more fun, less traffic, smoother water, longer course to add to the driving experience, safer conditions for the racers, it was sick! so when fans bitch it doenst really matter because if the shores were packed or empty it doesnt matter to the racers.
    If it wasn't for the fans would there even be a race. HHHmmmmmm!!!!!

No, I wasn't interested in lining RD pockets, or being part of his egotistical promotion of himself and reserve the right to do so. It is the ONLY 300 I didn't enter. Can you say the same. I have done enough 300 to know what the expenses are, so I don't need a someone that never has to tell me what the costs are.

Why wouldn't there be? Did anybody pay to watch? What are the people that are on the shore doing that makes this race a success? It there were no boats, would the people be on the shore? This isn't major league baseball or Nascar. We race plenty of places where there very few spectators outside of family.
    Been to a circle race at Bakersfield? No??? The boats sure as fuck are!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by white tortilla View Post
    The sponsors sure as hell care if fans show up. Do some research and find out how much professional sports teams make in ticket sales compared to TV rights. merchandise, oh and dare I say it sponsorship money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    If it wasn't for the fans would there even be a race. HHHmmmmmm!!!!!
    ive been behind the scenes of putting races on long enough to tell you thats not true. sure mabye they bought a few even shirts but that might have covered one buoy they bought. races are put on by racers who want to race. go to any race at lake ming and youll see about 10 spectators. its been like that for years. yet they still have 6 races there a year. because the boaters want to race. and will make it happen. sure do spectators help fuck yea. but id take a good race with no spectators over a shitty race in a packed stadium