Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker 300

Hybrid View

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    i was banned 3 or maybe it was 5 times...
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I was banned TWICE.
    Novices! Let me know when you get into triple digits and we'll talk. Oh and by the way.....Hey RD....

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Novices! Let me know when you get into triple digits and we'll talk. Oh and by the way.....Hey RD....
    Lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    Hammer I agree with you about GN7. There is a reason he has been banned 3 times on RDs. But you wrote the RDP 336. Isn't it the Bluewater 336 Enduro.
    Whatever it is called... It's a cool race the rest is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned

So much for going to bed at a reasonable hour. Time to close this one up.

ok, after much consideration. But please no bashing or personal attacks.

Hey Bob, You mean to tell me rules were changed so you can't get GN points? NO Way! never heard of that happening before

Well this has been a very informative thread.

I still have a lot of questions which remain unanswered.

1. Why would a promoter not want the GN boats to run at their event?

2. I would think a final season race for points at this event is a draw for any group of racers.

A. What were the obstacles between the parties that excluded GN boats from running?

3. I disagree with the premise that purse money is not a factor. I have never encountered a racer who is already committed to a season of racing say....Hey! I came for the points and decline the purse money. If I had 10K in purse money for first place you would have teams coming out of the woodwork scrambling to sign up. Thus, one can only conclude that points and purse is icing on the cake.

4. RD did respond to my question about payouts and indicated the purse money was in excess of 6K. However, they need to describe how that will be paid out and the sums. Also listing participants is important to me if you have a lot of guys racing it draws people to the event.

As for the old guard that was the base of this race... change is difficult to accept. Therefore, concessions need to be made but the West Coast needs this race. Why! well there is no other endurance race on the west...other than perhaps the Catalina Ski Race...there was the Rum run awhile back but it faded into history.

I for one would love to see this race happen every year and have a desire to participate with an entry of mine. However, I certainly would not spend the resources if the rules change yearly or at the whim and agenda of a particular group. Then again politics and boat racing is synonymous with each other.

KAP

GN7, got no beef with you, but you need to chill on the shit talking about RD, either confront him like a man or let it go. Too be honest if you talked shit like this about me I'd kick your ass. Doesn't matter if you disagree with his ideas etc etc, the 7th grade pissing match needs to go away. If he's talking shit about you I must have missed it, I did see you start this whole thing months back when he started the Enduro thread. Let it go, put your emotions to good and positive use and maybe figure out what's best for the race's future.

Quote Originally Posted by pvhca1 View Post
    GN7, got no beef with you, but you need to chill on the shit talking about RD, either confront him like a man or let it go. Too be honest if you talked shit like this about me I'd kick your ass. Doesn't matter if you disagree with his ideas etc etc, the 7th grade pissing match needs to go away. If he's talking shit about you I must have missed it, I did see you start this whole thing months back when he started the Enduro thread. Let it go, put your emotions to good and positive use and maybe figure out what's best for the race's future.
    I don't think I saw anywhere where anyone said anything about kicking anyone's ass until now. No need for personal threats ok. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by pvhca1 View Post
    Shit talking? The way I see it, it's only shit talking if it isn't true.