Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker 300

Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post

P.S. I agree I would rather have the Championship than a couple grand in money any day. Having both is sweet.
    Only one person has ANY chance of walking away from that race with a couple grand, and those POSSIBLE winners are already cast in stone. That's a given.
    Entering this race with the idea of winning that kind of money is foolish. few hundred would be the best you can hope for. SO WHAT, in a race that cost 5000+ to run. So you win drinking money for after the race, Whoopie!
    However, TWICE I have won the championship AT THAT RACE! So have others. In fact this year is the ONLY year that the championship was pretty well decided before the enduro. Every year since the enduro paid points, the championship was decided at the enduro.

WESTERNAERO
    Bob, I'm a little lost on the speed limit deal. Could you explain more of this. I really would like to know why there is a speed limit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I was planning on volunteering to help in any way possible to see this race succeed, it could've been the previous regime, you or whoever.

The point I was making is that most of the racers have a personal vendetta or hatred towards anyone but Ross Wallach it seems. At least that's the way GN7 makes it sound.

As far as ME racing, I had backing to do so and could have, just because I don't post a HEY LAM thread doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about it. I've never raced a boat before and I was too intimidated of the Enduro to enter....

If racers REALLY cared about this particular Race they'd put their egos aside and volunteer to be a patrol boat or in any other aspect to help the race . Instead, since it's not a points race(supposedly), you choose to boycott and stay home instead of support the sport you love......

I just see this thread as a bash Dave Johnson thread, should've left it locked Vic......
    Ross is not immune to racers calling him out.

GN7, I gotta ask. How many races have you entered, how many did you finish, how many classes, and how many W's??

Without bashing someone, why would RD, the Race Director or anyone else for that matter want to potentially lower the count of GN boats that would normally race the enduro due to racing for points? Forget all the name calling and personal bullshit. I personally have volunteered as a Patrol Boat at the event back in 2008 and had a blast. I didn't care who was promoting it at the time nor do I care right now. What answer did they give you? Is it to expensive, too late in the game to change. There has to be a reasonable answer. GN boats our bad ass by the way...

Edit...Thanks for clearing it up GN7...I think I understand more not only were the GN's affected but all the other APBA classes without a speed limit. I thought speed limits were for River Racer or Nostalgia type racing?
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 10-18-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Bob, I'm a little lost on the speed limit deal. Could you explain more of this. I really would like to know why there is a speed limit at all.
    This is gonna be a "race" with speed limits ??? somebody PLEASE clarify this. I'm planning on going over for this deal, haven't missed one in the past 12 years, BUT, IF indeed there IS gonna be a "speed limit" I'll stay here at the ranch a mend fences, I've been putting this job off too long anyways.

Shit !!!!!!! my Pop's is towing down from Idaho with the Sanger to see this
    Last edited by Skyskier; 10-18-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    Skiing Parker since 1960

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyskier View Post
    This is gonna be a "race" with speed limits ??? somebody PLEASE clarify this. I'm planning on going over for this deal, haven't missed one in the past 12 years, BUT, IF indeed there IS gonna be a "speed limit" I'll stay here at the ranch a mend fences, I've been putting this job off too long anyways.
    That's kinda where I'm at too. I assumed this was a run-what-you-brung sort of deal.

Restrictor plate racing!

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Friday is a qualifying day. All the boats are SUPPOSE to run one lap that is timed and that is the maximum speed limit for the event for what ever class the fast boat in that class ran. That number is what they will use to determine the handicap and start time for that class. If a GN goes out and laydown a 100MPH lap, that's fine, but no GN can go 100MPH for 336 miles with the engine restrictions we run with. They are not unlimited turbo motors like Div VI and VII. Put they will do 100 easy and do in every GN race. But not for 336 miles. Plus most don't hold enough fuel to go 336 miles on 2 stops at that speed, and a 3rd stop will kill your chances of winning anything.
    Also, many of the GNs change engines from their normal season engine to a much milder deal that might not go 100+. So ONE individual lights up the course at 100 plus and that's our handicap speed we MUST maintain to win. OR, the other scenario is, we all agree to go 85 in the qualifier, but if get in a heated battle with another GN or even another boat, and go 95, you are penalized for that lap. 3% speed difference is not easy to detect in a boat. 3% time is impossible without a stop watch. Never ever heard of a APBA racer watching a stop watch except for a time clock start. Once the flag drops, NONE OF THEM are watching a stop watch!!!
    In ALL previous enduros, there was one single APBA mandated speed limit that applied to all boats, and even then, it was exceeded. Only thing is, those boats were not racing for APBA points, and APBA race rules did not apply to them. This is the problem with running an APBA points race inside of a race like this. But in the past we were able to work it out with the promoter, and he was all for it because it almost tripled the boat count in 2 class. RD simply was not interested in making it a APBA points paying race. That's cool, so long as he understands the implications of his decision. I am sure he has his reasons for sticking to his guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    Ross is not immune to racers calling him out.
    Are you kidding me!!! Ross is only a 1/2 notch up from the shit hole with me compared to RD. I am not 100% sure I was going to run this even if Ross was running it, and I have never NOT run it as a points race. EVER! We sat out this entire year partially because of something that Ross said to me at Long Beach, and I am sure he regrets saying it. But I can sit out a Ross race just fast and just as easy as a RD race. Just piss me off and the boat is on the trailer!! That's MY CHOICE as the boat owner. The whole boycott thing is pure bullshit that RD invented so it didn't look like he was the reason a lot of boats stayed home. At least Ross owed up to the fact they he was the reason I sat out this year, and he has apologized. RD could care less why some boats didn't enter, but he KNOWS it wasn't him, he is too cool for that. had to be somebody elses fault. Maybe Bush's
    Last edited by gn7; 10-18-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Maybe Bush's
    Let's not make this thread political or it gets locked.