Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Thanks!

Basically it's a personal preference and not any thing to do with FL boating.

I hate towing a boat ...well being the passenger when a boat is being towed. So, I'd pick your option too.
    YUP, nothing diff about Florida boating other than the saltwater isn't good for a trailer and I don't care for towing a boat either, that's obvious.

Side mirrors only,until this past weekend where I had to retrieve the race boat not on the trailer and it was to narrow to see and the ramp was steep,so I had to use the rear view,otherwise......

I do it the same way Wendi does. I can do it with the mirrors but am much faster the other way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Usually the mirrors but every once in awhile over the shoulder when trailer only.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I lead such a sheltered life. Had no idea forks could go negative like that. Pretty cool.
    I believe if you go to Newport and have some drinks at Woodys you will see it across the bay at the boat storage place.

GRADS
    Depends on how fast I want to back down. With a triple axle the easiest way is to look out the back window. With shorter trailers I use mirrors.

I use the side mirrors until I get lined up next to the dock or pier at the ramp.
    Then I turn around either stick my head out the window back wards or open the door to look back.

Here in Michigan forklifts like Joey's are common at nearly every marina.
    They usually offer in and out service where your boat gets rack stored in a barn, storage building, or an outdoor rack until you call and tell them to drop it in a slip.
    Roll in a few minutes later and float away.
    Usually cheaper than renting or leasing a slip for the season AND your boat's bottom does not get covered in algae or discolored.
    RSCHAP1

I always use the side mirrors. I'll never forget when my Dad was teaching me how to back the trailers up. I think I was 12 and trying to back the trailer in at one of our local lakes here. I keep trying to use the rear view mirror and look out the back window. He keep telling me to use the side mirrors, and I was having a hard time with it. Finally he looks at me and says, Don't look out the back window, that's how girls do it. I still remember like it was yesterday, looking at him and have those words burn into my brain. Ever since then I've used the side mirrors. On a side note, now when I'm help someone back in that is new to it, I tell them that. Some think it's funny and some don't.

I usually close my eyes and hope for the best