Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Does your Wife ever drive the boat

Wondering if anyone of the Wives drive the boats, every once in a while Terri will grab the wheel and let me chill, it's good for her to stay on top of driving anyway, just in case something would ever happen unexpected.

Mine has driven mine twice while I was troubleshooting issues behind the back seat.

Wendi
    I've driven our boat on the river a few times on off days. I'm the launcher/retriever and damn good at it.

Mine doesn't.
    Seen some cool pics of Mrs 2FF and Mrs Daytona at the helm though. Hopefully Grads and 2FF post them

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

She has not as we just got the boat up and running this year.
    Next summer is going to be her time to learn!

Chrissie is afraid of it. I couldn't get her to drive it to save my life....LOL....

I think it's best if they can at least do the minimum, just in case, god forbid something bad would happen and you're out by yourself they may need to how to get the boat back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    I've driven our boat on the river a few times on off days. I'm the launcher/retriever and damn good at it.
    Thats how we do it also. Mine is scared to death of bumping a $750K DCB or Skater.
    CH3NO2

Uh-oh, another thread that discriminates against PR.
    CH3NO2

I always launched and retrieved...but I learned how to drive the boat just in case. I took her for a spin in the early morning up to Havasu Springs while it was still quiet at least once per trip (we were out every other weekend) and would get her up to 75 mph. I never went over that though. This last summer I drove a Donzi that was super fun and I've idled a few friend's boats too. I prefer to know how to drive the boats I am on just in case something happens and there is no one else who can drive.