Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Race numbers & names...

So having just come back from the drag boat races in Havasu and seeing all of the different race boats/teams, I'm curious... for those of you that have a race boat/team or are part of one, whether it's drag boats, circle boats, K boats, water ski racing, etc., how did you come up with the boat number and team name if you have one???

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    So having just come back from the drag boat races in Havasu and seeing all of the different race boats/teams, I'm curious... for those of you that have a race boat/team or are part of one, whether it's drag boats, circle boats, K boats, water ski racing, etc., how did you come up with the boat number and team name if you have one???
    Bought the boat and it was already the P550. So, We kept the number on the boat. There is a big Eagle on the wood boat, so we named it Scream'n Eagle.

When we purchased the new glass boat, our T-shirts already had P550 Scream'n Eagle so we kept the name and number

Our race team consists of me, my dad, uncle, brother, grandpa, cousins etc. My last name is Games so we decided to go with Games Boys Racing

We also have a few other good friends on the team that we consider family

Quote Originally Posted by rivergames View Post
    Bought the boat and it was already the P550. So, We kept the number on the boat. There is a big Eagle on the wood boat, so we named it Scream'n Eagle.

When we purchased the new glass boat, our T-shirts already had P550 Scream'n Eagle so we kept the name and number

Our race team consists of me, my dad, uncle, brother, grandpa, cousins etc. My last name is Games so we decided to go with Games Boys Racing

We also have a few other good friends on the team that we consider family
    Cool! Thanks Andrew!

Wendi
    Very good questions Liahna!!! Rivergames thanks for the info! Come on I know there are more racers on here let's here it. Also if you could post a picture of your boat with your info that would be great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Very good questions Liahna!!! Rivergames thanks for the info! Come on I know there are more racers on here let's here it. Also if you could post a picture of your boat with your info that would be great too!
    Great idea Wendi... I'd love to see your race boat/team pics!

[QUOTE=rivergames;42107]Bought the boat and it was already the P550. So, We kept the number on the boat. There is a big Eagle on the wood boat, so we named it Scream'n Eagle.

We also have a few other good friends on the team that we consider family[quote] GAMES GANG RACING!".....kinda has an out west outlaw ring to it....

watching the crackers is bad ass for sure

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    Its a great public interest question. I got a little chuckle out of how you asked it with Ks listed as if they don't fit into the other groups.

When I can think up a really good BS story that sounds better than the boring truth I will post it up.
    I am sure there are some cool stories behind some of them.
    Last edited by gn7; 10-15-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Its a great public interest question. I got a little chuckle out of how you asked it with Ks listed as if they don't fit into the other groups.

When I can think up a really good BS story that sounds better than the boring truth I will post it up.
    I am sure there are some cool stories behind some of them.
    Haha...cut me some slack, I'm a girl! K boats are badass... in fact we (NRI) sponsors one of the prettiest K boats out there (K-034)... I'm waiting for them to chime in and share their story.

So let's hear the "boring truth" about yours!
    Last edited by hbchgirl; 10-15-2013 at 04:47 PM.

I am sure their story goes something like "Chris, I want a K boat. Get your ass in the shop and build me one" with a possible reminder of who has control over "the unit" and bam, instant K boat. I am sure Mrs 034 has a slightly different story, but if you get Chris drunk enough, I am sure its comes out close to that.

Its OK that you had Ks in a separate category. Tony says they aren't really circle boats, rather nothing but drag boats with high speed turn offs and a quick trip back to do it again.
    Last edited by gn7; 10-15-2013 at 04:53 PM.

The NHRA allows drivers to choose their number above 17.
    1-16 are reserved for the highest points finishers to use next year if they choose.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2