Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Problem child at pirates den tonight parker strip

Name:  pc.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  79.8 KB

Thanks for sharing! ! !

Watching The Problem Child is definitely something everyone should witness! TV does it no justice.

Quote Originally Posted by westair View Post
    I don't know how anyone could disagree .... quickest 1000' run of anything I know of, land or water!

If you had your ass strapped into a TF car, you wouldn't think the boat was that quick. How fast is that boat going when it hits the start beam?
    3/10 slower from a stating start is not much, and accelerating to an additional 71 MPH in that 3.6 seconds from a standing start is something you will definitely feel.
    Every foot they shorten the course gives an advantage to the boat. If they shorten the course to 500 ft and the boat takes a run at the starting beam, what chance does the car have of catching it in 500 ft? Put the 320 ft back on the course and things would look a little different on the record books
    The boat is definitely badass. But its acceleration rate is nothing like a car's
    Last edited by gn7; 10-09-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    If you had your ass strapped into a TF car, you wouldn't think the boat was that quick. How fast is that boat going when it hits the start beam?
    3/10 slower from a stating start is not much, and accelerating to an additional 71 MPH in that 3.6 seconds from a standing start is something you will definitely feel.
    Every foot they shorten the course gives an advantage to the boat. If they shorten the course to 500 ft and the boat takes a run at the starting beam, what chance does the car have of catching it in 500 ft? Put the 320 ft back on the course and things would look a little different on the record books
    The boat is definitely badass. But its acceleration rate is nothing like a car's
    I guess I was looking just at the numbers .... assuming that the boat was starting from a standing start, (not really clear on that since I haven't followed since rolling starts) just thought they accelerated quicker and like you said had the advantage of the shorten course.

Quote Originally Posted by westair View Post
    I guess I was looking just at the numbers .... assuming that the boat was starting from a standing start, (not really clear on that since I haven't followed since rolling starts) just thought they accelerated quicker and like you said had the advantage of the shorten course.
    don't get me wrong, the things are animals and take a set of bowling balls to pilot.
    When you crunch the numbers, going 260 verses 330 in the same distance tells you which is really accelerating the hardest.

The boats leave harder but run out of steam earlier. When they ran a full 1/4 the numbers between the 2 was much more telling.

This vid explains the start of the boats. They don't "roll" to the beam, they charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by hbchgirl View Post
    I agree with WMC... light up the strip!!! Problem Child sighting in Parker, AZ!!! PC sure makes the house look good!
    Looked best with the Howard in your driveway, but this will do. Name:  IMG_20131009_072831_659.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  94.6 KBName:  IMG_20131009_072804_516.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  90.6 KBName:  IMG_20131009_072730_520.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  104.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Looked best with the Howard in your driveway, but this will do. Name:  IMG_20131009_072831_659.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  94.6 KBName:  IMG_20131009_072804_516.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  90.6 KBName:  IMG_20131009_072730_520.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  104.7 KB
    WOW!!! PC looks good in the driveway!!! Thanks for the pictures Wheeler!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Hey Nick! I found this in your backyard today, what should I do with it? Attachment 21309
    Love it Wheeler! See ya soon!

Great shots wheeler, I get here and the place is empty. Your gone , everyone is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by NRI View Post
    Great shots wheeler, I get here and the place is empty. Your gone , everyone is gone.
    Wheelers got baby's to shake and hands to kiss.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2