Hot laps marine in havasu

I took my skiff over to joe at hot laps marine (formally hot laps go cart track) to go through the motors and lowers for safe measure. Replaced some bearings, pulled the power heads on both of the 300's cleared out some clogged exhaust water passages and made some throttle and shift linkage adjustments too. I got out thursday afternoon before the winds kicked up and i couldnt be happier. The boat seemed to be smoother than ever. Took it down to the springs for some dinner and back. Joe and Gil seem to make a real good team, they not only got the job done on time it was less $$ than he quoted me originally too!! If you need an outboard mechanic these are the guys!!! There is also a performance kit they sell by Dave bush racing adds about 30 hp to the 300 x motors. Thanks hot laps marine!!!

Wendi
    That's great to hear! We always love positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
    I took my skiff over to joe at hot laps marine (formally hot laps go cart track) to go through the motors and lowers for safe measure. Replaced some bearings, pulled the power heads on both of the 300's cleared out some clogged exhaust water passages and made some throttle and shift linkage adjustments too. I got out thursday afternoon before the winds kicked up and i couldnt be happier. The boat seemed to be smoother than ever. Took it down to the springs for some dinner and back. Joe and Gil seem to make a real good team, they not only got the job done on time it was less $$ than he quoted me originally too!! If you need an outboard mechanic these are the guys!!! There is also a performance kit they sell by Dave bush racing adds about 30 hp to the 300 x motors. Thanks hot laps marine!!!
    Hey Blacksox, is this Gil that works/worked for Lakeland?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Gil used to work at Lakeland. He is now working with joe at hot laps marine.

Unfortunately that team didn't work out. If anyone needs to get a hold of Gil, you can reach him at (928)302-4447.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercrodder View Post
    Unfortunately that team didn't work out. If anyone needs to get a hold of Gil, you can reach him at (928)302-4447.
    Welcome to www.hotboat.com!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercrodder View Post
    I'm confused, is Gil working for Joe or has he moved elsewhere? Throw a little plug for Gil, he is among the best when it comes to Mercury Racing outboards, worked for Lew Covert, another one of the best!
    CH3NO2